Saturday, August 28, 2010

You have to go to the Homeplace with a strategy...

Chris and I go light on the corn and meat so we can save room for the green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and the pintos...ohhhh the pintos!  We also recommend starving yourself before you get there so you can go in heavy!!  Right before the cobbler we go for biscuits with apple butter!  And because I like you I'll tell you a little known secret:  the cobblers unlimited too!!  For those that don't know, the Homeplace is a old house turned into a good ol home cooking restaurant!  It is our favorite and we even had our rehearsal dinner there!  I'm just going to come on out and say it...I can PUT.DOWN. some food at the Homeplace!  Here is our last recommendation:  do not...I repeat, DO NOT take a fussy, teething, just got over a sickness toddler!   It didn't help that right after we sat down Sam tipped all the way out his chair and cracked his chin and started hysterical crying and Sissy was just plain a MESS the whole meal long!  It almost ruined my mashed potatoes until I remembered NOTHING can lay a finger on the delicious goodness that is the Homeplace mashed potatoes and gravy!  Every time we go Chris always says, "I just picture little old ladies in the back kitchen just peeling away at some potatoes!"  At one point during the meal I looked up at a sweet lady of two teenagers who gave me the "mommy look".  You know the one...the one that says, "enjoy these crazy meals while they last because before you know it they are moody teenagers who won't speak at all during meals and the only reason they turned their music off in the first place is because you had to threaten to take away their cell phone" look!  Sometimes all you need is a look to put things into perspective!    
Here are some pics I managed to take of Sam and Miss Grumpy herself! 




That last one is a tear jerker I tell you!  You mean at some point these precious babies will grow up to be teenagers that I'll embarass on a regular basis...no way...I'm sure Sam will let me rock him when he's 16 as he whispers, "I love you too mommy" in my ear...you mean thats not the way it works....get.out.of.town!   Do me a favor...for now...don't burst my bubble!  :):) 

1 comment:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

oh man, you just gave me a craving for the homeplace. it has been way too long since i've eaten there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails