Thursday, August 12, 2010

Who wouldn't want to be a part of the youth!

This summer we had the privilege of leading the youth at our home church!  The church we grew up in, were in youth group together, the church we both took our first mission trip with, (little known fact that Chris and I went on several mission trips together but were not yet dating), and the church where we got married!!  It was great to served at LHBC where they treated us like family from the first Sunday we were there!  The youth there are GREAT and we had SUCH a great time getting to know them, having fun, and ministering to them!  

Here we are doing several crazy games over the course of the summer: 
 Here the blindfolded person was supposed to get into the same position using only verbal clues...ohh to be a middle schooler and flexible again!  
I don't even remember the purpose of this game!!!  But it looks like the kids had fun!  
These boys couldn't use their hands!!  And the next picture is sweet Jessica who I KID.YOU.NOT blew this balloon up with her nose...she WAS PROUD...and Chris was very impressed!!

Last Wed. we took the youth to Emerald Point and some how they talked me into "Dare Devil's Drop"!  I was trying to hide my semi-anxiety attack on the way up the steep stairs because well...I was with teenagers and I was trying to keep at least 5 of my cool points!  The closer we got to the top the more I started to verbalize my fears!  The next thing I know, right before I'm about to go, the LHBC youth had gotten the whole platform to start clapping in unison and cheering for me...I was so embarrassed!  But in that instance I realized one thing about youth...they just want someone to love them, care for them, listen to them...and in they will give the same in return!  LHBC youth...you guys rock (did I just loose cool points for saying that??) 

2 comments:

Ed said...

oh yes!! I think this might be my favorite post you've ever made Emily! I love that shot of Chris! I am dying laughing. You guys need to work for me!

Wolford Family said...

Love it, love it, love it. Too cute! I'm sure you guys were awesome this summer! Miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails