By far this was Sam's favorite book when we he was toddler! Now he can "read" it all by himself and it melts my heart every.stinkin.time! Look how much this poor book has gone through!
Look who else LOVES this book!
I mean Charley has a DEEP love affair with this book! If you tell her to get her brown bear book she rushes over to the book bin, finds it, runs over to your lap, plops down, and she will pretend to read the book! She loves the "white dog" page and will squeal ELLI every time she passes it! I love that she loves books!
For the record: Today was my first day of teacher work week and it was a doozie!! I'm trying to stay positive but MAN.I.MISS.MY.KIDS!!! There are going to be lots of changes this year at school so it looks to be a stressful year. I am thankful for my co-workers who are "in the same boat"...we had a nice mommy cry session today...just what the dr. ordered. Around my classroom I have posted small hot pink signs that simply read, "bless this day"...what a privilege I have in teaching young minds! For my 23 first graders (yes I said 23) I will spend more hours in the working work with them than I will my own kids...I pray that I am a positive example in their life everyday and embrace the unique opportunity I have to enrich their lives!




2 comments:
I'm already dreading October 4th...I'm sorry you had to go back to school today!! :(
i will have to look into getting this book. we have "polar bear, polar bear, what do you hear?" and maddie loves it. the kids are super cute as always!
Post a Comment