First let me clarify that I love my job! I KNOW I'm supposed to be a first grade teacher..it's in my bones...it's what I have been called to do! I believe that with out a doubt...I mean people, just today, I sang "My Mother is a Baker" and then proceeded to "Letter-cise" and enjoyed EVERY second of it!!! That being said if given the choice I would LOVE to be employed this year by a 3 and a 1 year old but that just wasn't meant to be! In the last couple weeks I have prayed specifically for my spirit and attitude going in to this school year. What a light and an example I have the opportunity to be this year to my first graders...I'm ready for the challenge and the ministry that is ahead of me! Chris has been super supportive this year and even helped me set my classroom up!
Look at his diagram for my tables in my classroom!
While I've prepared myself mentally I forgot about the number one thing that "makes me sad" about the start of school! When I get home I'm EXHAUSTED!!! Just when my two little ones want me to be "spot on" I'm literally physically exhausted! Today was the first day of school for the kids and I did not sit down ONE SECOND! People laugh when I tell them that from 8 to 3 I'm an academy award winning actress but that is exactly what I feel like! So in honor of today...I'm drinking a big glass of milk and eating at least 2 reese pumpkins (yes they are already out)...because today I remembered why teachers are given June through August off...your body needs it just as much as your brain!!!
2 comments:
Love the classroom Emily! Chris' diagram cracks me up - he's all about the white board diagrams haha. Miss yall !
EMILY!!! I totally know what you are feeling exactly minus the two children wanting my attention when I get home! Way to pray over the good attitude :) Have a great rest of your 1st week! 1 down, 35 to go!
Post a Comment