Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Can I get an AMEN for adult time!!!

A couple weekends ago Chris's college buddies meet up at Lake Norris just outside of Knoxville for Ryan's 30th birthday...without the kids!!  We had SUCH A GREAT TIME!!  Now don't get us wrong...we love our kids...and while we were gone we constantly were thinking about our kids, but OH.MY. 2 straight days of adult conversation was AMAZING!!  And brace yourself....because while the boys played golf...Ashleigh and I spent 7 whole hours at the pool!  There was no having to apply sunscreen to little bodies, no going in for nap time, no constant splash time in the pool, no "mommy I have to pee-pee"...just girl talking, book reading, and sun tanning...can I get a serious AMEN!!!  We had a weekend full of great conversation, relaxation, and quality time with GREAT friends!!   A special thanks goes to both grandmas and aunt laura for watching the kids!  Charley woke up after the first night with trouble breathing :( luckily Mom was able to take her to the doctor but she had to start neubulizar treatments :(:(  

Here we are jumping off the rope swing!  How does Chris talk me into these things?

They could not talk me into jumping off this cliff.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to channel my inner Tom Cruise and rock climb up anyway!!  



The whole gang!  Ed and Katie we missed you!   We must do this again!!  Thank you Ryan and Ashleigh for your amazing hospitality and friendship!!  

2 comments:

Wolford Family said...

I just don't know what I would do with myself away from both kids!!! So glad you had a great time! You deserve it!

Ed said...

Not gonna lie...This one burned a little. What I would have given to have heard what Matt yelled when he jumped off that cliff. Man, we gotta do that next year. Katie and I are so sad we missed it. Next year I'll just quit my job to make it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails