Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yee-Haw...VBS edition!

Last week was VBS and while we had a GREAT time, man oh man, are we ALL tired!!!  It was a ranch theme and on the last night the kids performed a song or two.  Some how I was put in charge of teaching the pre-schoolers a song, we did "My God is SO BIG!" and they did a GREAT job!  Sam liked having me in his room to help out some!  I likewise enjoyed getting to see Sam in a classroom environment!   He didn't even act like I was in the room and wasn't clingy at all!  I know I'm his mom and all, but he was such a good friend to others and such a good listener to all his teachers!  Let me tell you yall...preschool wore.me.out. (and I wasn't even in there the whole time!) and made me so thankful that I teach 6 year olds!!!   Charley on the other hand had a little bit of a sinus infection and she is cutting 4 teeth so she was not so pleasant...poor, poor nursery workers!  Luckily Charley took a liking to Mrs. Marge and even let her rock her to sleep one night!  I was so thankful to have such sweet helpers for one fussy, "high-maintenance" little girl!   


This picture cracks me up because this was after a long night and we all look a mess!!! Look at poor Charley...jelly all over her 3 sizes too big shirt, but I didn't want her to miss out on matching the rest of VBS!!   
Sam did a great job singing and I was so proud of him for going on stage and performing!! But I was even more proud of what a sweet, caring friend he was!   He even gave away some his "VBS bracelets" to his friends that forgot to bring theirs back!  He went around to each friend to ask if they wanted one of his!!  Sam, you have such a sweet spirit...you make your momma very proud!!   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails