We have known for awhile that when we had a little girl her name would be Charlotte and we would call her Charley! We thought we were being so unique...so edgy! When I introduce the kids, especially to elementary school aged children I will always say, "This is our daughter Charley, her name is Charlotte but we call her Charley!" Well for the past couple months I have been dumbfounded when they all answer, "OHH, like "Good luck, Charlie"! I just nodded my head yes because I had no idea what they were talking about...finally I asked one of the youth at church and she told me it was a show on Disney and the little girl, around Charley's age is named Charlie!...so much for being unique...so much for being edgy!! When I told Chris he just laughed and said, "Well we never wanted her to be the only Charley out there"! Well Charley, if you are a teen and hate your name...we could always blame Disney...but for the record Disney...we thought of it first!!
(I just showed Chris the link to the show and he was a little scared because the girl even looks a little like Charley!)
First Week of School
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment