Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Weekend Trip

We had a GREAT visit with Aunt Mammie and Unkie Greg!!! We got to watch movies, go to the marina for dinner, SHOP, go to the pool, go golf ball hunting, visit Amy's adorable neighbor, read People's (ok that was mostly me and not Sam... PLEASE don't think less of me for my unrelenting LOVE for the greatest magazine ever created...isn't summer for reading anyway!!!!), visit Amy at work, be pampered by Amy all weekend, cuddle with the cutest bulldog ever (ok that was mostly Sam)!!!!
We had a great weekend despite Sam running a fever for most of it:(...good thing Amy knows people in high places (still singing Dr. Eric's praises!) When we got in I headed straight to April's wedding shower and had a GREAT time visiting with all her friends and family...we can't wait until the big day!!! Then the fam headed to Mom's for our 4th of July picnic early due to get this....MOM, my mother, who packed even the super huge Majo-van to the hilt every beach trip is riding 20 hours to Key West....drum roll please..... on the back of Kenny's motorcycle...I'm still laughing having images of her riding with 6 layers of clothes, hair flapping in the wind, just to make sure she has that perfect top for dinner!!!! Now if that image doesn't get you through the week then really people...what will!!!

Some random things I learned about my family this weekend:
1. Amy fixes a mean breakfast...I mean her egg and cheese biscuit seriously made my little heart skip a beat!!!
2. My mother can hulu-hoop for abnormal lengh of time...I'm talking way-long, like enter her in a contest long...and no her hula hoop will not make "the cut" for her bread-box size "travel bag"!!!
3. Laura and I can not even hula for 10 seconds...apparently our hips are all wrong!

For some reason the site won't let me upload pictures so I had to put them in a slide show!!!













SERIOUSLY were those not the CUTEST little sweater vests (OK Chris was not the hugest fan of the sailboat one but that is coming from a man who is currently wearing coral pants so I'm pretty sure his vote doesn't count)....even the pants were 1.99! Is bargain hunting a job because I'm basically the Tiger Woods of the sport!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails