On our anniversary we had the
privilege of going to Sarah and Darren's beautiful wedding!! I loved everything about this so "
renke" (Sarah teaches Kindergarten on the coolest hall in ANY school, her last name USED to be
Pomrenke hence "
Renke") wedding! She went with a
gerber daisy and
button theme and it was adorable! The wedding took place in a beautiful garden at
Hollins that provided the most intimate feel and atmosphere! and Sarah looked AMAZING in her dress she bought last Monday (yes, as in the Monday before she got married)! As you walked into the reception you took a
Polaroid and glued it down in a book and wrote a message...what a cute idea for a guest book! The BIG hit with the under 10 crowd (and Chris) was the build your own candy box gift thingy (I realize that was the worst description ever but just use your imagination!!!) She also had the MOST adorable favors...flower and button cookies that were
Delicious and had they not been so
Delicious I would have a picture to share with you...thank Sam for that one!! I loved how Sarah made everything her own by putting her creative touch on each and every detail. The best part is that Sarah and I get to share our wedding date!!! June 21st...now
that's a GREAT day to get HITCHED!!! That being said, all year since I found out the date of the wedding I have been teasing Sarah that she did NOT have to go through all this trouble to throw Chris and I such a big party for our anniversary :)!!!!
Being that the wedding was at 5:30 I knew Sam would not want to stay as long as his
mamma wanted to, so Chris and I drove
separate....right before Chris and Sam were about to leave Sarah flagged us down to say He couldn't leave yet. A few moment later Sarah's DJ made an
announcement, "Would Chris and Emily Dowdy please come to the dance floor" (inside Emily's brain..."
ohh no
Renke did not...I'm going to kill her...this is her day") He
proceeded to
announce that it was our anniversary and that Sarah and Darren wanted to honor us by having us dance to "When You Say Nothing At All" the very song we had danced our first dance to a mere 5 years ago!!! Now here is a girl,
amidst all the hustle and bustle of her own wedding day who 1. called me at noon to wish me happy
anniversary, and 2. On day during recess managed to play the
ol' "I'm having trouble with what song to dance to, what did you and Chris dance to?" trickery! So "our" song came on, and in front of ALL the guests we danced and
reminisced and sang and gazed into each others eyes...then half way through Sarah who was holding Sam brought him over and he reached for us...and we finished up the song enjoying our
intimate family experience! I mean, come on people, there wasn't a dry eye in the place (OK Sam was probably thinking please mom please you're
embarrassing me...I guess better now then when I'm 16) Seriously people...was that not the BEST anniversary gift ever??? and is Sarah not the sweetest, most thoughtful person in the world!!! Thank you Sarah for giving our family that moment...and for reminding me that I'm one LUCKY lady who has the sweetest son, most loving husband, and the most AMAZING friends a girl could have!!!!
Here is Chris and I 5 years ago during our first dance (please note the cute little
blond aka Dylan getting his 5 minutes of fame!)

and here is the new improved first dance thanks to a cute little
blond boy of our own!!

Yes my husband thinks he is cool with his
aviator glasses placed into his shirt...please don't burst his bubble!!!

The new Mr. and Mrs.
Metcalf...Sarah's brother surprised her by playing her favorite song on the guitar as they walked out...Here Comes the Sun (do,do,
dooo, do, do)...hence the emotion!

Here is one of Sarah and
I's favorite students Jordan enjoying the candy bar...see you don't have to use your imagination anymore! How cute does he look in his pink shirt and tie...love it!!!



Here is a little
glimps of the daisy theme!

Thanks again Sarah for adding the icing to the cake on our anniversary!!!!
1 comment:
what a sweet story emily:) you have a very nice friend there! and that's a great song choice, that's the same song that russell and i danced to at our wedding, just a short 4 months after you and Chris got married:)! i am enjoying reading your blog!!
Post a Comment