Monday, June 9, 2008

I just knew we should have gone with "Houdini" for his middle name

OK...Help wanted...Chris and I are looking for a teachable moment here!!!! Apparently our son at 15 and a half months can already climb out of his crib! I know, this is basically impossible unless you're Sam! (why again were we so excited about those "advanced gross motor skills"!!!) This is our crib here, as you can see the front has space underneath the sleigh bar just perfect for Sam to pull his own weight up at the corner, rest his knee, and pull himself over (and yes the answer is yes, I know you all out there are wondering, we found out the hard way about his extraordinary climbing skills i.e....a large thud followed by screaming...once again still trying to edge out Brittany for mom of the year!!) On Chris and I's behalf, we have done everything correct. The crib is as low as it goes, he only sleeps with that ugly hospital blanket and the even uglier green paci, he knows how to put himself to sleep, and we took the bumper out...yet Sam never ceases to amaze! We are thinking about using this from Walmart, but I feel like the next step would be to make him an exhibit at the zoo, and I am SURE Sam would figure a way out of the "crib tent" (those two words should never be used together!!) So currently Sam IS asleep in his crib, with the mattress penned inside the crib, laying without springs on the ground. Watch out Brittany, the Mom Oscar is all mine!!!
Please feel free to comment any suggestions you may have...Brittany, you may want to use a different "stage name"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails