Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Dowdy's being the Dowdy's

I feel like this post should come with an "extremely boring" warning! Here is Chris, Sam, and I's first "semi-summer" weekend! Only those needing to live out a typical weekend vicariously through the Dowdy family need to read on:

First let me say.....I MADE IT!!!!! I MADE IT!!!! AND I SURVIVED!!!!! My darling little first graders' last day was on Friday, and while I seriously do love them....I get excited about loving 17 new first graders next year!!! I was my usual obnoxious-self, doing cartwheels down the hall and shaking a tambourine (apparently my first year I started this tradition of cartwheels...and dang it if I don't forget to "stretch out" before pulling my "pom-poms" out of retirement every year!!!!) This year I had little visitor with me...Danielle came to check out the "school scene" and to help her aunt mimmie! She had a blast fixing cookies, painting fingernails and of course watching High School Musical on Thurday night (sleepovers at the Dowdy's ARE the best) and she LOVED calling me "Mrs. Dowdy" all day long on Friday! Given the fact people came over for the first NBA playoff game on Thursday night and the fact I needed to call an injury time-out due to all those cartwheels...Chris and I ordered pizza on Friday night and I was literally in bed by 8:00 (hey, I warned you this was going to be boring! )

Saturday we had a BLAST keeping cool at Kelly's parents pool! Sam LOVED playing in the pool and OF COURSE the boys had to create a game...all I'm going to say is that it involved a noodle, jumping of the diving board, catching footballs, and kicking soccer balls full blast at the person jumping in...apparently they had a scoring system and all....way to much for me but feel free to let your imagination roam!!!! The funniest part of the game for me was that Chris's "white t-shirt" (otherwise known as the coach's tan" is now a tomato red t-shirt!!!!! I have been granted full permission to make fun of him since I DID ask not once but twice for Chris to stop playing and put on sunblock!!! That night I stopped to visit at Sarah's luau wedding shower before Chris and I met up with everyone to celebrate Josh's b-day (Happy 28th Josh and YES you are getting old!!!!). The best part was that Mom watched Sam overnight so Chris and I even got to sleep in today!

Today Chris, Sam, and I went to the Sidewalk Art show downtown and then had a delicious dinner at the Feldmann's!

Speaking of the super great Feldmann's....you might have noticed the vacation ticker recently added to "the blog"! (Sorry Sam, they didn't have a ticker with a mom, dad, and the cutest little boy in the world but you do get to go with us!!!!:) You can tell I'm just a "little" excited about our up-coming beach trip and a huge thank you to the Feldmann's for helping to make it happen! More to come on my beach preparation later...I just know you are on the edge of your chair!

That's our weekend at a glance...I DID in fact warn you that this was going to be boring (yes Amy you can make your snore noise now), but hey...isn't that what a family blog is all about!! (sorry no pictures...I know...what was I thinking!!) Kelly can you send me some that you took:) !!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails