Monday, June 16, 2008

Yet another riveting post!!!

Apparently these days I'm into blogging about our weekends...probably yet again just another attempt to make myself feel young, hip, and semi-cool:

We started out by having the soccer banquet on Thursday night. We had a great time of fellowship with the players and families I especially loved hearing Chris speak about his players, he has quite a gift! Speaking of gifts, our PH family always does WAY to much for Chris and I, but this year they went overboard. Jenny Shamy (the most adorable and super great mom and artist ever...(I am SO going to miss her enthusiasm for the guys, not to mention she always knows how to make you feel great...if you ever need "lifted up"...she's the lady to see) made Chris this great artistic sculpture:

Note the little glass bottle attached to the cleat filled with turf from the Championship Night, and inside was a way to generous gift to help Chris's "cleat fund"!!

They also gave Nikki and I a beautiful bouquet of roses...I told you I just LOVE our PH family! We so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful examples of loving, caring, and supportive families, espeically as we are just beginning this whole "takes a village" era in life!

We worked on the house some. Sam LOVES to ride on the lawn mower with daddy. When he sees daddy riding the mower down the street (yes we are THAT redneck neighbor riding the mower down the street from 1048) Sam RUNS as fast as he can up the sidewalk with arms stretched out wanting Chris to pick him up and let him ride!! (I do infact realize the whole "you let your baby outside in just his diaper and a collared shirt" probably doesn't help the "redneck" situation any!!!)
We had our annual meeting of the "we survived soccer season" coaches wives club! We got to talk girl talk and shop and the guys "watched the kids" (i.e. put the babies to bed and played a FIFA tournament on the Playstation! This inevitable means rearranging my furniture so they can sit this close to the TV: (can you tell who is who...Kelly and I's twins!!)

Equally redeeming and rewarding, us girls (after coming home from shopping and realizing the guys still have at least 3 games left) decided to watch the classic: Girls Just Wanna Fun. I'm still trying to figure out why Cam had to search the Internet for hours trying to find this on DVD for my Christmas gift. This should easily be put in the classic section!!


For Father's Day Chris suggested we play the Jack and Jill special at Hanging Rock...Here is an action shot...just because!!!:) Please note I'm a pitching wedge shot away after ripping a drive on a Par 4...Tiger Who??? (what there is no evidence off is the 3 putt leading to the bogey) Thanks mom for letting me borrow your driver...mental note for all you golfers out there...drivers leaning against garage doors that are closing do NOT mix and they WILL break in half...some lessons you just have to learn the hard way!!
While I realize I started this post hoping to feel young, hip, and semi-cool, I now realize the truth, I am "in fact"...old, outdated, and only living on a prayer on the cool meter...but that's OK...I'm the mom to a super cute redneck baby and a wife to the dad of the year!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute Blog. I can see Sam now running up to his Daddy on the lawnmover..love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails