Thursday, March 4, 2010

so in essence, THEY paid ME 4 dollars to take this off their hands...

While I would use the term "couponer" loosly I do play the CVS "game"!  I usually go at least once a week to cash in on the good deals!  I usually only buy things that give me "extra care bucks"  (those are basically coupons that are like cash to use on anything you want next time you shop).  I ususally only buy stuff that we would usually get anyway, except for things like body wash and shampoo because we don't care what brand as long as its a good deal!  So this is how it all went down and how I got ALL of this and got paid 4 dollars to buy it!   

I bought:
box of huggies: 22.99
huggies wipes: 7.99
1 bottle of Irish spring: 4.99

Total: 35. 97 (Did I use the calculator function to figure that out????  YES, short math is not my game...I teach first grade...let's stick to single digit addition please!!! 

First off, all these things were on sale as noted in the sunday ad!!!  huggies: 19.99, wipes: 5.99, body wash: 4.49 ....TOTAL:  30.47 (yes...once again...calculator function!!)

Then I used my CVS coupons (I either get these on my printed receipts from previous purchases or via email)
$5  off 15 dollar purchase (these are really great to use, just printed it off and was good to go)
$4 CVS coupon for box of huggies
$2  CVS coupon for package of wipes
TOTAL: 19.47

Next I used Manufactors coupons (the coupons you clip out of the sunday paper)
$3 off huggies
$1 off wipes
$1 off body wash
TOTAL: $14.47

Then I had 10 Extra Care Bucks to use from my trip to CVS last week (this is where it pays to only buy things that give you ECB towards your future purchases)
TOTAL: $4.47

That is how much I paid out of pocket!  BUT I got $4 dollor ECB for the soap and $4 dollar ECB for the diapers so I have 8 dollars to spend next week!!!!!! 

So I paid $4.47 for a $35.97 purchase AND I have 8 dollars to spend next time!!!   Not to shabby!

Amy Jo, did I make you proud????  (she started my couponing (is that a verb?) by sending me the categories of how she sorts her coupons and all her leftover coupons!!!) 

I use coupons on grocery trips as well but I usually don't fair as well.  We don't have somewhere around here that does double/triple coupons so it is hard to get as good of deals!!! 

Hope I have inspired you!!!  Charley Bird is thrilled to death...her little hiney hasn't seen the likes of the "expensive diaper" in a long while!!!  (truth be told unless you get a CRAZY deal like the one I just got, Target brand is ALWAYS a better deal no matter how many coupons you have...and they are JUST as good...I PROMISE)

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

i am so proud of you that i am brought to tears. this is fabulous.

Katie Leigh said...

Hey Em! My mom sent me the link to your blog recently and I LOVED getting caught up on the Dowdy house! (I would like to point out I was TOTALLY at JMU visiting when you first started "talking" to Chris and then at Carson Newman VERY shortly after you went to formal with him! Seems like AGES ago!

Anyway, I was going to tell you...if you don't already know...that I use a coupon website that spells out EVERYTHING in on the sale ads each week. I hardly do any prep work and still have TONS...and get all sorts of free CVS stuff! She even tells you WHERE to find all the coupons you need for the sale items!

www.southernsavers.com

Miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails