Monday, March 29, 2010

Movie Night at the Dowdy's!!!

This past winter Sam watched his "first full length feature" Cars and he loved it!  He loves going to the Redbox to rent a "Sam movie"!!  Just like his daddy, he ALWAYS asks for popcorn!  If Chris has a late Friday night game I try to have a Sam movie night!!!  Here we are all set for the movie!! 

All the remotes, our popcorn bowl, and our line of beverages: sissy's milk, sam's juice, and momma's sweet tea!!!  Sissy usually only lasts long enough to get a taste of popcorn.  This particular night Daddy rented us "Princess and a Frog".  My personal review: cute movie and music but way to dark for kids (the whole voo-doo thing threw me.  Anyone else seen it, or am I a paranoid mommy??

Unrelated notes:
-speaking of sissy's bottle as shown in the previous picture...I can't get rid of it!  She switched to whole milk perfectly fine but when I try to give her milk in a sippy she.will.not.have.anything.of.it.  Our old pediatrician told us to take away Sam's bottle cold turkey.  And when I asked "what if he doesn't drink milk" her response was, "He'll live"!  What she didn't know was that Sam LITERALLY just started drinking milk again...after we took his bottle away he went on a two year sabbatical!!!  Charley will take juice from a sippy but when we put milk (even warmed milk) she pushes the cup away...and we have tried LOTS of different styles!  I don't want to go cold turkey for fear of another "milk strike"!  She is down to 2 bottles a day...any suggestions??
-ALSO, I heard Pixar is making a Cars sequel due out summer 2011...we are getting pumped here at the Dowdy House, but if there is even a hint of voo-doo, we are planning on striking all animated films until Sam is 20...ohhh I kid....kinda!!!:)
 

1 comment:

The Martins said...

This house would be beyond pumped for a CARS sequel!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails