Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Charley's Nursery

Well I still have no cute baby to show you, but what I do have is ONE. CUTE. NURSERY. (if I might say so myself!!!)  Much of this is thanks to my extremely talented family and friends!!!  Remember when I showed you the site of the name sign I wanted to go above Charley's crib...and then remember how I told you I was going to try to talk my WONDERFUL, dearest friend Cam (aunt "Dam"), into making one for me!!  Well good news...she is an easy sway...and look what she made...EVEN BETTER THAN THE ONES I SHOWED HER!!!   Look at the detail of the side, (I wish I took a picture of the side where she painted the stripes...)!!!   OH HOW I LOVE YOU NAME SIGN...I did mention how she hand painted this right...I think I'm going to ditch teaching and just become her agent...

Then I used my "talking in, because you can't say no to a pregnant lady" skills to convince Bonnie (Chris's mom) to make Charley's quilt and valance!   Aren't they SO CUTE!!  She used patches of the fabric from the bedding and then used the super soft minky pink fabric for the back!!  And how special that Charley will always have this quilt made by her Nana! 
Here is the changing table!  I some how found the exact pink dot fabric for the changing pad!  And the hamper/toy bin Mom got for me at Pottery Barn and she even had "Dowdy" monogrammed on the side!! 
Here is her dresser full of cute clothes and her book shelf!  Check out those cute letters Cam (once again) hand painted to exactly match the fabric...we are talking PAISLEY people, that's not easy stuff...yeah I def. lay claims to being her agent!!!  You can also see in the top right corner the little girls bible that Chris got for me when we were dating!  He said then that he knew we would have a little girl someday and he pictured me reading her stories from the Bible...you know what is about to come out of my mouth...PRECIOUS!!!!  

I know that the sheet looks white here but it is really pink!!  

Now for the baby Charley update!!  Basically she would like to say a great, big, fat, SYKE!!!!  I went on Monday for my ultrasound and appointment, and Dr. Martin says I'm almost 3 cm and still 50 %, so basically she said I could go any moment, or I could wait another week!!!  The good news is that my fluid levels are down to being perfect so I don't need to go in for any more non-stress tests or ultrasounds!   So unless she decides to make her grand appearance...I'll finish up the week at work (I'm on another snow day today...with CHRIS!!!), and go to the doctor again on Monday morning!!   Thursday would have been my Nanny's 90th birthday AND Dr. Martin is on call on Thursday!!!  I REALLY would like to have go into labor on Thursday...am I being too specific?:):):)  


2 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Love it,..so precious!! Charley you have 2 days!!! Come sometime on Thursday!! :) I'm crossing my fingers Em!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, next baby...I'm calling Cam and putting in an order! C'mon, Charley, you can do it, girl..you know you want out of there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails