Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Sammy C!!!!

Sam had a GREAT birthday!! Daddy woke up early to make him special birthday "pantakes"!! We had our families over to celebrate that evening with a "hoops" theme basketball party!!! (for those that don't, Sam can take some serious reps on his Little Tikes goal!!)

We got Sam his first "real" golf club!!! and OH MY how he begs to go "ou-tide" (outside) to hit his "cub" (club) because he just wants to "sing" (swing) it!

Check out that cousin of Sam's with purple hair!!!! Sam LOVES him some "buttons" (Backyardigans)!
Sam did not know what to do with all the singing...Serious Sam set in and he did NOT crack a smile the whole time!!

We tried to get him to dig in, but we might possibly be parents to the ONLY 2 year old who hates to be dirty!!!! He would not go in for the kill...we eventually had to get him a fork!!!
Look at the great cake that Amy W.'s mother-in-law made!!! (Jane's website is on Amy's blog)!!!!
We had a great day with our BIG boy!!!! But remember how I joked about us celebrating in the hospital...well...it almost happened!!! Sorry boys but once again...girls I know you would want to know....I had contractions all night Thursday, nothing painful, but enough to keep me up all night!! I continued to have some contractions during the inservice and by the time I got to the doctor's office and hooked up for my non-stress test they were coming every 6 min!!! The nurse kept saying, "oh, that's a big one" and of course I was barely feeling ANYTHING and then she said, "looks like someone is having a baby tonight"! When the doctor checked me, I was still 2cm and 50 percent and because she knew I was having Sam's party she said to go home and rest (or I might not make it through the party) and to call when they were regular at 6 min. apart! She even went as far as to get the on-call doctors name and laughed when I checked the time for my Monday appointment "just in case"!!! Well needless to say I went home, had a great time at the party, ....and the contractions STOPPED!! I had maybe 4 all night!!! Here I sit Sat. evening, and while I still have contractions, they are not regular and not painful. I even tried the whole walking and eating Mexican thing...still nothing! So I went from a nurse saying I was in labor and going to have a baby that night to sitting on my couch TWO days later...in the middle of our first real SNOW!!!! We are supposed to have 2 more inches (edited to note, they now say 3-6 inches!) by Sunday night so this whole labor thing could get REALLY interesting!! Pray that everything goes smoothly, Charley is healthy and my nerves will rest!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails