I haven't done a "Not me Monday" in awhile and since I have a 3 week old and 2 year old and haven't slept more than 3 straight hours in 21 days...Let's just say I've had my fair share of "funny mommy moments"!!
SO....here are some things I have POSITIVELY, MOST DEFINITELY, NOT done in the last week...
-no way would I let my 2 year old son run around in just his diapers and socks for an undisclosed amount of time!
-I most certainly did NOT wash my hair twice in 3 straight showers because I couldn't remember at the time if I had washed my hair...(to be honest I'm just glad that I got to shower!!!)
-(I'm not going down on my own on this one...it was totally Chris's idea and he did all the work)...I (We) did NOT google top songs of 1990,1991, and 1992. I (We) did not have a contest to see how many lyrics we could remember. We most CERTAINLY did not download the lyrics to "More Than Words", "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)", and "Hold On"..... and then proceed to have sing alongs as we simultaneously downloaded the you-tube video. Of course we would NOT do this because anyone knows that when you finally get your 3 week old and your 2 year old to bed, the only thing you should be doing is SLEEPING...not re-living the greatest decade known to mankind!! (by the way...Wilson Phillips....LOVE THEM!!!)
-Chris did NOT make me watch the whole November Rain video, all 12 minutes of it, because apparently I'm not a true child of the 90's because I had never seen it!!!
-I did NOT cry 3 times while watching Grey's Anatomy
-I most certainly did not eat Swiss Roll cakes for breakfast (don't worry...Sam had grapes, toast, and cheese!)...ok he might have had some "oohf loops" (fruit loops) too!
-My DVR does NOT have 13 saved "Buttons" (Backyardigans) and I am NOT afraid to use them -I did NOT finally fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy pants and proceed to dance around the room singing, "I'm bringing sexy back"...NOPE...NOT ME!! If I had done this, I most certainly did not look in the mirror and laugh at my unwashed ponytailed hair and dark circled "un"make-uped face, singing about being sexy
-I did NOT just create a word by turning make-up into a verb!
When I was writing this post in my mind at 3 AM. while nursing I had many more funny moments but who would have thought...I have forgotten them...Anything you are NOT afraid to
admit???
on a more serious note...the next 2 weeks are going to be tough! Chris has 6 games in two weeks and on the days he has practice he has the "late slot"! It is weeks like this that I need to remember the post I wrote about soccer season to remind myself of all the good that goes along with Chris being MIA...
and also this speech that Chris gave...(it may have brought tears...)
First Week of School
11 years ago

2 comments:
He's got lots of games coming up! Jackson and I are bringing yall dinner next Tuesday April 7th, does that work for you and the kiddos? I think that was one of the nights Chris has a game. I can watch Charley and Samster so you can get some sleep! If that's not okay, please let me. Miss you!
haha...you made me laugh! We should definitely have a girls evening at your house soon while Chris is gone. Can't wait to see how much Charley has grown the last couple of weeks!
Post a Comment