Monday, April 28, 2008

Big news are you sitting down!!!

No, I know what you're thinking...not that big of news...I, Emily English Dowdy, cooked!!! Chicken Pot Pie that is...and it wasn't that bad if I might say so myself! Chris even got seconds and Sam devoured it! What put me in such a good mood you might ask? Well I definitely didn't wake up on the right side of bed that's for sure!! The alarm clock went off and as I heard the rain pounding on the roof I turned to Chris and said, "I don't want to go to work!" (now picture it in a first grade voice.) I got soaked dropping Sam off, he clung to my leg screaming as I left, and now I'm late to work and have to park in the "far, away parking lot" and get even more soaked, as at this point...I can't find my umbrella! As I walk into school draining my hair out I say to myself in now a preschool whine...."I DON'T want to go to work today!" I walk to my teacher mailbox..things are looking up...from the hallway door I look in to see if I have any mail and I see it...the long awaited "end of the year packet" from Mr. Z. Now most people can't stand the sight of "the packet" and get teary-eyed just thinking about the endless paperwork ahead of them. I on the other hand, on this dreary raining day choose to look at the positive side...the end of the year packet means...the end IS most definitely in reach and NEAR! (28 days as a matter of fact...not that I'm counting) The highlight of my day is yet to come! As I skip down the hall excited as a school girl, sacred packet in hand, I run into my room in which I find an adorable small box tied with an adorable spring ribbon. Inside the box I found this.....


A beautiful necklace that I had admired on a fellow first grader teacher just a couple weeks ago!!! When I asked Anna where got her necklace she told me that she had made it, AND that she had beads left over and that she would make me one!!!! I totally forgot about our conversation and was truly surprised with my rainy day gift of hope!!! Thanks Anna for sharing kindness and turning around my day! Not only do you make me want to be a better teacher (Anna is an amazing teacher and was recently recognized for being Goodview's Teacher of the year...couldn't think of anyone more deserving) you make me want to be a better friend!!

Mom just might have been on to something when she used to wake us up singing,

This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms 118:24)
...This is the Day...This is the Day...that the LORD has made!!!!


Lord, even on days when my hair is doing the humidity curl, my son is making it hard to leave him, and Elli has left permanent muddy paw prints on the already ruined carpet...let me rejoice and be glad in it!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails