

Happy 28 Birthday to my giver of People's magazine, my home decorator, my little green thumb, my personal comedian, my story topper, my Martha Stewart wanna be, my competition in the annual gift wrapping contest, my life of the party, my blog stalker, my witch-craft guru, my friend, my BIG SISTER AMY JO!!!
In honor of her birthday I have decided to post some of my favorite pics of us growing up and 1 of my most favorite ongoing sister stories!
So for my 5th Birthday ALL I wanted was a newborn baby cabbage patch kid, and mom being the great mom she was came through! The night I got her I constantly talked about the cute sweater -knit outfit it came in and the adorable "baby smell" the doll had, I got to name her, and give her a bottle, and put a diaper on her...(I literally can still remember the exact baby smell) Needless to say I LOVED that baby doll....for all of one day...you see Amy had other plans. Apparently I had made her incredible made that day...I have no idea how but she wanted to make sure I knew she would always have the last word! The next day I couldn't find my baby doll ANYWHERE...we turned the house upside down looking for the doll and Amy even helped out with the search party. Despite our best effort we were unable to locate the exact whereabouts of the newly acquired prized baby doll! I cried and asked for a new one, but Mom in one of her "I'm here to teach you responsibility moves" refused to buy me another one in hopes that I would "learn my lesson" and take better care of my toys. One summer day, yes months after my October birthday, we decided to eat lunch on our picnic table located way far in the background, in what we like to call the back 40! As I walked to the table it was like the skys opened and the suns rays pierced through the table only to reveal one very adorable, precious, newborn cabbage patch nose staring back at me. That's right....in her rage, my sister, my friend, buried my brand new cabbage patch baby in the mud underneath the rarely eaten at picnic table. She left her there to decay, only to be set free after numbers rainstorms pushed her smashed and mud filled face to the top! I dare say my little baby doll had lost that newborn smell I so vividly remember! (Never fear, for Amy's birthday the next year she got a brand new bike, of which, I pushed her off within minutes and rode to my little hearts content, ringing her brand new shiny bell all the way...ding, ding...ding, ding) Here is a picture taken at my baby shower in which after all these years, Amy so graciously replaced my newborn cabbage patch by placing it in the "stork's deliver pouch"!
In honor of her birthday I have decided to post some of my favorite pics of us growing up and 1 of my most favorite ongoing sister stories!
So for my 5th Birthday ALL I wanted was a newborn baby cabbage patch kid, and mom being the great mom she was came through! The night I got her I constantly talked about the cute sweater -knit outfit it came in and the adorable "baby smell" the doll had, I got to name her, and give her a bottle, and put a diaper on her...(I literally can still remember the exact baby smell) Needless to say I LOVED that baby doll....for all of one day...you see Amy had other plans. Apparently I had made her incredible made that day...I have no idea how but she wanted to make sure I knew she would always have the last word! The next day I couldn't find my baby doll ANYWHERE...we turned the house upside down looking for the doll and Amy even helped out with the search party. Despite our best effort we were unable to locate the exact whereabouts of the newly acquired prized baby doll! I cried and asked for a new one, but Mom in one of her "I'm here to teach you responsibility moves" refused to buy me another one in hopes that I would "learn my lesson" and take better care of my toys. One summer day, yes months after my October birthday, we decided to eat lunch on our picnic table located way far in the background, in what we like to call the back 40! As I walked to the table it was like the skys opened and the suns rays pierced through the table only to reveal one very adorable, precious, newborn cabbage patch nose staring back at me. That's right....in her rage, my sister, my friend, buried my brand new cabbage patch baby in the mud underneath the rarely eaten at picnic table. She left her there to decay, only to be set free after numbers rainstorms pushed her smashed and mud filled face to the top! I dare say my little baby doll had lost that newborn smell I so vividly remember! (Never fear, for Amy's birthday the next year she got a brand new bike, of which, I pushed her off within minutes and rode to my little hearts content, ringing her brand new shiny bell all the way...ding, ding...ding, ding) Here is a picture taken at my baby shower in which after all these years, Amy so graciously replaced my newborn cabbage patch by placing it in the "stork's deliver pouch"!

Sorry these are so little but its 1:00 in the morning and Chris just home from the game and my computer skills are at an all time low!!
I know its small but anyone can see those poms-poms...yes AJ cheered!!
The princess and the queen!
Amy is such a GREAT aunt!!!
It is late here and I am exhausted, too tired to edit my grammatically incorrect post...sorry...consider this raw Emily:)
Happy B-Day Aunt Mammie!!!!!

4 comments:
I am going to add for the official record that I had nothing to do with the digging.. at all.... sorry em-
You know your older sister can catch on to this whole blogging thing...it only took me... well lets say a little bit to set up my account...and really... sorry about the whole cabbage patch thing....
So I was feeling a little down on this rainy Thursday afternoon, so I thought that I would re-read my “special” Birthday blog. I was hoping that it would lift up my spirits, on this other wise gloomy day. As I replayed in my mind, the victorious "win" of the infamous buried Cabbage Patch, a smile came across my face, just as my finger lightly brushed against my chin. What I felt on my chin that made me stop to write this comment you might ask… the permanent scar that I acquired from being pushed off of my brand new pink Huffy! So here I sit…still feeling blue.
Post a Comment