Here is a pic of Sam gazing at his soccer ball:

As you know today being April 1st is April Fools Day. We have grown to hate this holiday in first grade and pray every year it falls on a weekend. Not this year...all day I heard, "Mrs. Dowdy, your shoe is untied....April Fools, Mrs. Dowdy, there is a spider on your leg...April Fools, or my personal favorite...Mrs. Dowdy, I just threw up...April Fool's!!!! So this year, I built it up like we were going to trick their parents. In my classroom I have a 3 tiered apple system for behavior (green=great, yellow=1 warning, red=2 warnings and a note home) Everyday they have to color in an apple on their homework sheet to let their parents know what color their apple was (usually always green). So they practiced all day long walking off the bus with their lip out and sad eyes, walking to their mom, getting their homework sheet out, saying "I've got some bad news...my first red apple...April Fools! I know this sounds lame but to a 6 year old they thought they were Ashton Kutcher pulling the biggest "Punkd" ever! They were adorable and I left before I could get any phone calls! Did you have a good April Fools Day? Any good jokes? Do you know your first words? Let me know!

No comments:
Post a Comment