Tuesday, April 8, 2008

10 things to get me through!

It's only Tuesday and I was thinking I needed a little pick me up to get me through the rest of the week! So....I wrote a list of all the positive things's going on this week! With all these reasons to smile, surely I can make it to Friday:


1. The new Office is FINALLY HERE...Can't wait till Thursday!!!!!!!

2. I just found a gift card to Spa-Va I got at a Baby Shower that I totally forgot about!!! That equals a very needed pedicure for me!!! (You want in Kelly?)

3. While watching the championship game, as all the boys were downstairs watching overtime, April and I decided I needed some side bangs! With one little snip (not to mention with scrapbooking scissors, the only scissors I own) I'm an official April wanna be with cute bangs that go to the side (I'm sure they have a name, but the uncool Emily just calls them side bangs)! You just don't understand, that is SO me, not being me...sporadic, impulsive, actually making a decision in only seconds...Chris was so proud!! Thanks April for keeping me young at heart!

4. I'm reading Charlotte's Web to my first graders. My ABSOLUTE favorite read aloud I read to them all year long, and this group is really getting into it! I even have a little girl who lives on a farm that is raising a pig by bottle just like Fern!

5. We are having a cook-out in honor of The Office...Thursday night...come on over to the "Dowdy House" (thought that was a nice use of the Blog's address)

6. We have the cutest kid ever!

I swear I do have pictures with him clothed...he just smiles bigger naked!

7. Last night was what Chris likes to call my "craft night"! I got to see all my fabulous scrappin ladies and like always I left with my belly happy! My order came in with the most adorable scrapbooking paper that I can't wait to use!
8. It's going to be warm (hopefully) the rest of the week which means we can go outside, mud-free for recess! Believe me, if you had my class this year you would be jumping up and down right now! Don't get me wrong I LOVE them, but they are a handful!

9. I started reading my new book, "Feminine Appeal, Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother" by Carolyn Mahaney . I can tell I'm going to love it already and hopefully I will be able to post about it soon! I am looking forward to what God is going to teach me and I have my heart and mind open ready to become a Titus 2 wife and mother!

10. Did I mention....THE OFFICE this THURSDAY...there is nothing a little Jim and Pam can't fix...get pumped!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em,
I'm so proud of you- you little blogger you! Thanks for the added songs :) They were a little "thing to get me through" this slow week! Also, I am going to need a pic of the "side bangs" - who knows, I might be a copy cat too!

Anonymous said...

I'm in for a pedicure!! Mine our starting to chip from our last one! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails