2 minutes....that's how long you would need to be in my classroom before you could pick out all 7 of my little lovable,what I like to call "handfuls" (otherwise known as behavior problems....but I love them!!!) While at times this can make it hard to "pump" myself up for work I am blessed with some true gems of first graders!!! One of these handsome boys, David, is quite the charmer! He always tells me how beautiful I look (even though my hair is wet and I don't even own make-up thanks to an incredibly cute German short-haired pointer who thought she would eat my make-up for dinner...no joke), and he frequently tells me I'm his favorite teacher (he often reminds me, this is only true until 2nd grade comes), and even though he is a macho 7 and a half...he is still sweet enough to slip his hand in mine and tell me stories about pirates as we walk down the hall. One of David's most prized gifts is his gift of pure bluntness!! As we were sitting down for morning meeting, a time in first grade where we sing the infamous "Love Grows" equipped with the sweetest sign language, say good morning to each other, and share any stories that are on the minds of first graders, I decided to share about my previous night! As you can imagine in first grade there are NO secrets and since they frequently rat their parents out during morning meeting I thought it was my time to share! See, Sam has been sleeping through the night for FOREVER....except the last two nights, in which he woke up at 4 o'clock and decided he was throwing a party, and Chris and I were his guests of honor!! We think it is either a growth spurt or night terrors but needless to say Chris and I are SO tired and exhausted before we even arrive at work. After I told my first graders about why Mrs. Dowdy "just might" be a little tired today, David raises his hand and says, "Mrs. Dowdy, I thought we were being a little grouchy this morning"....ohhh out of the mouths of babes! So, thank you David, thank you for putting your first grade teacher into her appropriate place!
Soccer update: The Patrick Henry Men's soccer team is absolutely dominating their opponents. They are first place in their District, and Fayanga (otherwise known as my first born...can I claim him on my taxes?) is only one goal away from the single season scoring record...8 games into the season....but hey, I'm just a modest coach's wife!
Before you watch the youtube video, put the music player on pause!:)
First Week of School
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment