Saturday, November 12, 2011

I was busy enjoying my kids...

I want to tell you about election day before I forget because it was such a fun day.  We didn't do anything over the top or super, super fun but it was such a great day.  Here's where I warn you about how boring and picture-less this post is going to be.  But Sam and Charley, if you're reading this when your 21 know that these days were so special to your momma!  The only thing that would have made election day better was if Daddy had been off...we still managed to have a fun mommy day!  We started our day at the Dogwood with Daddy!  Sam ate his whole pancake and Sissy ate her entire half order of sausage gravy!  Homegirl loves her some sausage gravy just about as much as her momma does!  They also made their Christmas list and all of our hearts were happy! :) We said goodbye to Daddy and ran to Target to peruse the toy aisle one last time!  My kids love this and knock on wood they get the concept of "just looking"!  Next we hit up open jump at Pump It Up with Anna, Eli, and Coy and then did lunch at McDonald's!  The kids had a blast and Charley took a great nap!  I let Sam stay up and we watched Rudy together and yes I cried like a B.A.B.Y. because deep inside I want Rudy to have my spot on the team too!  Sam actually "got" the movie and later told Daddy that he had to "work really hard to make the team and then they all cheered for him and mommy cried"!  That is actually a really good and accurate summary!  After nap we met up with Amy Jo and Parker at the park and the weather was just perfect!  We stopped by to see Daddy and left him really cool drawings on his board then we ate dinner at Sakura!  (if anyone is counting that makes the 3rd meal of the day that we ate out...but who's counting!)  Did anyone notice what I DIDN'T do at all...I didn't do one piece of laundry, wash one dish, fix one meal, or take not one single picture!  I was too busy relishing in the moment with my kids, enjoying just BEING with them to care and it was GLORIOUS!  Let me tell you what I DID do...I went down the slide with Charley and raced Sam through the obstacle course at Pump It Up, I let them actually get a Happy Meal at McDonald's, I let them eat candy before nap, I played hide and seek with them at the park, I let Sam pick out his own "comfy"clothes, I blasted music on itunes and OH.DID.WE.DANCE!, I rolled their windows down in the car (ok you got me, only a quarter of the way down but they thought it was awesome)...I gave up some control and my schedule and ENJOYED my kids!

I'm not a perfect mom...even on a day when we had the time of our simply lives I was no where close to being perfect.  But some days you just have to let your hair down and laugh at your crazy life instead of fighting it...and not just take care of your kids but ENJOY them!

2 comments:

April and Brad said...

Love it!! A little girl told me the other day that daddy's are more fun because you never get to play with mommies...and I vowed to myself THEN AND THERE that I would never be that mom...even if my house is a wreck and even if we east fast food for dinner :) LOVE YOU!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Yes, i love this! I have to remind myself often that these kind of fun things are what my kids will remember me for. Great reminder =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails