We traveled up to Marshall on Sunday to watch Fayanga play in his home opener! He did awesome and played 85 minutes of the game! We are so proud of him and all that he has accomplished! It feels like it was just yesterday that I was writing this post about moving him in when he was a freshman, and this post about watching him play last year. And lets not forget about one of my favorite all time post...ever...here! We love our Nonnie!
We all had on our Marshall apparel to support our Nonnie! Everyone couldn't get enough of Charley in her Pennington jersey. A man from the local paper even took her picture! Sam got to pick out his shirt! Go Thundering Herd!
Directly after this picture was taken at the start of the game it started POURING rain and rained the entire game. That made for some interesting entertainment during the game from underneath our umbrellas and raincoats. We had two people stop us to tell us what great kids we had. (they clearly were NOT in the car with us for the ride up) (FTR I'm totally allowed to brag on Charley right now because today she had SEVERAL meltdowns and finally just went to sleep at 9:45 so it seems fitting to remind myself that there are most certainly high points that go along with "the lowest valleys"....Can I get a witness)
I meant to take more pictures of all of us after the game but given the fact it was 10:00 and we had to drive 3 and half hours back and I just sat in the pouring rain for 2 hours my sanity left me! But here is Nonnie!!
We loved our quick visit! Nonnie showed us the house he shares with 3 boys. His room was SO CLEAN and he had decorated his walls with jerseys and the Liberian flag we sent him when we was a Freshman...he was so proud of his room...it was the cutest thing ever. He got to eat lunch with us and went with us to the park with the kids! I could tell he has made lots of great friends and several for there in the pouring rain cheering for him. (they all call him f-I....(f sound followed by a long I...and we were cheering "Go Nonnie" right with them) I could just squeeze him I'm that proud of him! I know I say this every time but our kids will grow up to be better people because they had our Nonnie as a role model!



No comments:
Post a Comment