Friday, September 30, 2011

It's what we like to call a little "blog funk"...

I've been living too much life to blog....or life's been kicking my butt, one or the other! HA!  Sometimes being a working mom gets the best of me and after saving energy for my kids when I get home there is NOTHING.LEFT. after putting them to bed (and then folding two loads of laundry and cleaning the dinner dishes...you heard :) ) .  Anyone else out there get me?

Good news for blog readers (i.e. Wayne) with the start of the new month the Dowdy clan finds themselves headed down south to put our little piggy's in the sand!  You heard right....we're headed to the beach!  (With some of our favorite people in the world which only makes it that much sweeter!  SO...hopefully I'll get back on my blogging horse soon because if anything can make these Dowdy's feel relaxed it's the beach...in October...with good friends!

We basically have the best "beach set-up" known to man-kind.  As Katie Martin puts it we are getting a beach "hook-up" from Ryan's uncle...and I do mean HOOK-UP!!  All 3 of Chris's college roomies (and families) together again for what is sure to be a week of laughing out loud memories (I have been dying laughing at the pre-beach emails alone).  Our kids (did I mention there will be 6 kids total!) have been literally counting down days for the last 2 months.  Sam has known the EXACT number of days since we were 54 days away and I am not even close to kidding.  To say he was a touch excited tonight is a huge understatement.  So here's to spending time with awesome people, making family memories that will last a life time, and feeling the sand between our toes!  

(Unkie Mike is holding down the fort so don't get any ideas!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails