Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snow Fun!

Given the fact that Chris had to work M-W of this week it was only fair that it snowed last Thurs. and we both were off Thursday and Friday!  My Christmas break got a 2 day jump start and I could NOT have been more excited!  It was the best "Christmas Bonus" I have ever received!  

We heard Sam wake up, we could hear him looking through his blinds and then we heard the LOUD thud of him jumping off his bed, running to our room yelling SNOWWWWW!!!!   He then asked us every 2.7 seconds if we could go outside and play!  Here we are a mere 42 minutes in during the "getting ready to go out" process!  With 2 kids 3 and under this takes FOREVER!  Don't tell Sam but he is getting snow boots from Gee-Jo for Christmas...so we had to make do!  And by "make do" I mean Chris used plastic wrap and duct tape in very inappropriate ways!  :)  

 Charley, try this once to hold your enthusiasm!
 Doesn't Charley look absolutely ECSTATIC!!   It doesn't help that literally 2 minutes after we got outside Chris was pulling the kids down the street and Sam was yelling "Faster Daddy, Faster" so Chris went faster and Charley fell off and got a HUGE ice burn...don't worry the whole scene was caught on video by yours truly!  My personal favorite part was when Chris yells out, "SISSY DOWN, SISSY DOWN" and I'm all talking cute to the video camera and he's all like, "Emily GO GET A TOWEL there is a LOT of blood" and then you hear me scream and the camera pans the ground as I'm throwing it on the sofa and then the screens go black...its very "Steven Spielberg"-ish!!
Charley was a fighter and played outside a little longer and Sam...he had the "time of his life"!!  
Why does the front door always look like this after you come in...


Charley and I came in early to make peanut butter blossoms and let it be known "Charley DON'T MIND peanut butter blossoms!!  (sorry English inside joke...think Corinna Corinna!) 



(Christmas side note:  Sam has LOVED hunting for Billy every day and changing the days on our Christmas count down!  We can not wait for Christmas mainly because Sam Just.Can.Not.Wait.!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails