Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pig Room Happenings!

After Thanksgiving every year I tie-die with my first graders!  Every year after Thanksgiving I think I've lost my mind!  We tie-dyed red stockings and we had a lot of fun!  They LOVE watching the socks in the dye!  Chris HATES tie-dying day!  For every rubber band my first graders put on...he has to cut off! (although this year I did it for him :))  Here are the socks after they have marinated in the red dye (in our orange "car-washing" bucket....like I said...Chris hates tie-dye day!) 


Here they are hanging by our classroom fireplace!  
I'm always France for Christmas Around the World!  ( It says: Welcome to France!  Leave your shoes by the fireplace to take part in a yummy french tradition!)
And YES I can make anything pertain to a VA SOL!!!   You can't take the fun out of my classroom...no you can not!!!  

Last Friday we had "Polar Express PJ Day"!  I line up their chairs like a train and read them the story and then they get to "sleep" on the rug as they watch the movie!  Don't worry we compare and contrast the book and the movie to make it "highly educational"!!! :)   They love getting to come to school in their PJ's...and the whole eating a snack while watching a movie thing doesn't hurt either!

We also got to go on a field trip to a local hotel for a "manners class" and an "on the go" career day!  We had so much and I loved getting to see all my kiddos in their "holiday best" and take their pictures by the beautiful decorations!   So far we have had a FUN December!   Now here's to LOTS of snow in January!  Surely the kids know us teachers want it 10 times more than they do!!! 

3 comments:

Wolford Family said...

uummm, can the Pig Room teacher come to my school??? ;-)

April and Brad said...

Seriously Em...way to show us all up hahaha :)a

Sarah Snow said...

HEY EM!! We sooo NEED to talk! We have Christmas Around the World in First Grade in Lburg...and I'm Germany! We have a briefcase and passport..and rotate through rooms! We ALSO have Polar Express Day coming up on Friday!!!! And I'm SO ON board for lots of SNOW in Jan :) And well tomorrow, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails