I can't believe I uttered these words but I did...I actually asked Chris if he wanted to get an artificial tree...gasp...catch your breathe and come back to me! The queen of tradition wanted to take the easy road! Thankfully Chris talked me down and this past Sat. we Clark "Griswolded" it all the way to Floyd for the great tree search of 2010. The beauty about the hour drive to Floyd was we past approximately 10 Christmas tree stands (one even had a sign that read, "Fresh Cut Trees From Floyd") yet we stayed the course and we are ol so glad we did! Chris and I actually got to have an adult conversation on the way there (can I get a witness for DVD players) and I loved taking the "scenic route" through the country and small towns! BTW Chris told Sam enjoy getting to watch movies now because when you and sissy are old enough we are singing Christmas carols the whole way there...and yes at that comment my heart was instantly happy! Right when we pulled in it started snowing yet it wasn't windy so we weren't that cold, as if we hit the "perfect picking out tree weather" button! We took a hayride and off we were to pick out the perfect tree!
On the hayride! My sweet girl!
Catching snowflakes!
Chris would say, "Where's Charley" and she would giggle and poke her head around...it was so precious!
We have learned to set very low expectations for the "family shot"!!
Sam carried this measuring tape the whole time and I'm pretty sure he took the measurement of approximately 79 percent of the trees! He would say, "This is perfect" or "a little bit bigger"...PRECIOUS!!!
And look who wised up after the whole "oweey, oweey" episode at the VCP and wore her gloves! She learns her lessons quick folks!!
Is this not the sweetest picture ever...
See I wasn't kidding about the 97 percent!
This picture CRACKS ME UP!!! How did I manage to catch not one but BOTH of my kids biting the dust...it makes me laugh so loud every time I see it!!!! For your viewing pleasure...
Now tell me you did not laugh! Here is the shot I was going for...
Sam catching snowflake in front of the perfect tree!
We had the most fun family time!! We even stopped by Crackle Barrel on the way back for lunch! Clark's Tree Farm will definitely be a Dowdy tradition for years to come...Sam and Charley start to brush up on your carols now...because next year we are singing the whole 50 miles up AND back!
















1 comment:
So cute! Great pics! We have yet to put our tree up, but it's on the to do list!
Post a Comment