Last night we went to the PH homecoming game. The weather was perfect and my kids looked absolutely edible cute...as in, you could gobble them up!! We had a blast seeing all our PH kids and families and we even got to see a lot of the graduates. Sam got to see "Big Sam" and after making our rounds we finally settled down to watch the game with the Khalilians because have I mentioned to you that I heart the Khalilians!!! Kate (Big Sam's mom) held Charley the entire second half because she was of course the "best baby in the world"...this helped out greatly considering Chris was busy talking to his guys that are freshman in college and watching the game and I was busy taking Sam to the bathroom approximately 316 times. Now this is when I let my mind swell up and I actually believed that I was super mom for about 4 seconds because lets be honest... my 7 month old was as good as gold asleep in Kate's arms and my 2 1/2 year old was potty trained and several people had commented on "how mature" he was...their words not mine :):) All is good and my super mom cape was waving in the wind until we went to leave "to beat the crowd." I was walking Sam up the stairs when I noticed Kate had on some adorable skinny jeans and that just got my mind all racing because have I even told you my internet friends about my 64 hour debate about whether I could pull off the skinny jean ??? After finally deciding that yes, I Emily Dowdy could pull off the skinny jean I started walking up the stairs some more, when I looked back I noticed the ladies laughing and I even said, "are yall making fun of me?"! They just giggled some more until I realized I was walking right up with the stairs of the stadium WITHOUT my adorably cute 7 month old still laying asleep in Kate's arms. OH MY, needless to say my super mom cape failed to flap in the wind no more! In my defense I had Sam, and Chris was still talking to Big Sam right in front of Charley but I'm willing to bet he would have walked right up the stairs too!!! OH HOW I LAUGHED! That's when Chris declared me mom of the year and I gently reminded him that I had Sam and that little episode would have TOTALLY been his fault...right...!! Here's to almost getting a good night's sleep...we tried anyway!! :)
That's when I realized...It doesn't matter if YOU think you're super mom...it matters if your kids think you are!!! :):)
Had any super mom moments lately...or am I the only one??? :):) and most importantly, your thoughts on the skinny jean...just don't let the thoughts cloud your mommy brain!!!
First Week of School
12 years ago

1 comment:
Oh Em if I can wear skinny jeans I know you can. I will wear them when I come to visit. Also, if you have remotely any thighs or butt then try shopping at Old Navy b/c they have a few that fit well. I can completely imagine the scene at the football game and lemme tell you, you are super mom! I have never seen such well trained (sorry that sounds as though I am referring to animals) children. You know how to pu the kiddies on a schedule (unless you are a drill sergeant). =) Love the blog!!
Post a Comment