Sunday, October 11, 2009

Because you can never have enough fall pictures...

Something about my kids and being outside for pictures...they just do not want to smile!!! I swear they are happy kids and they smile ALL the time...I promise!! Here are some pics of us before the Vinton Fall Festival! Don't they look just precious!!
My strong Sam
and what a good big brother. If you ask Sam what Charley is going to call him he says...buddy!! and it makes me smile really big!!
What... is that a smile???...hold the phone, I'll take it, even if his tongue is out!

This smile doesn't count...we went back inside for it! Don't you love her little fall sweater and matching collared onsie! I got them last weekend at a used clothing sale for 3 dollars for the set...and they are Gymboree!!! :) The jeans are courtesy of Sam, you can barely tell they are "hand-me-down" boy jeans!! and the shoes are courtesy of Amy's bargain hunting skills at Target, I think she paid maybe 3 dollars for them!!! Talk about a cute, CHEAP outfit!!!! and FTR... it did occur to me that I might want to take a picture where Charley is NOT wearing a bow...I'll put that on my to do list!!
We had fun at the festival and Sam even saw a little girl from his preschool class! Speaking of preschool, did I tell you about when I picked him up on Thursday?? I peeked in and all the other kids were standing up singing a song...everyone except our Sam...he was lying on his belly in the middle of the circle, with his feet up in the air. Oh No!!! Could my Sam be "that kid"! :):) I asked Mrs. Tiffany how he was doing and she said great, so I hope it was just a fluke...he made up for it when they opened the door and he yelled out mommy and came FLYING over to give me a hug...my heart did a little pitter patter!!! So while I wanted to give the SAHM's who were busy making a play date a dirty smirk because really my jealousy "overflowith" at JUST HOW BAD I wanted to be one of those SAHM's making a play date, I simply smiled! Because whether I had to go to work the next day or not...the cutest little 2 year old in ALL the WORLD had just yelled mommy at the top his lungs and single-handedly made me feel like the best mommy in the world. The good news is that this epiphany of "just how blessed I am" came before my urge to stick out my tongue and blow rasberries....whewww...that was a close one!!!!
Enjoy yet more Fall pics...










No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails