Yes Chris and I are expecting our 2nd child due March 10th and I must admit I had the most adorable way to share the news with my Internet friends but due to the course "of this pregnancy", editing on Imovie was not on my list of things to due in between 24/7, morning/noon/night sickness! (considering I'm 12 weeks tom. and will hopefully start feeling better, I will try my hardest to put together the film of all the different family finding out...I don't want to ruin the fun but let's just say my brother-in-law, almost made my newly weakened bladder have its first "accident"! First let me say that Chris and I are so EXCITED about our blessing from God! We daily stand in His amazement of all of His many gifts and take our roles of Christ-centered parenting very seriously (more to come later), that being said I do not want you to think I take this blessing for granted, but I do feel the need at the present moment to share about my current pregnancy.
First lets take a minute to let our minds wander back down the road known as "Sam's delightful pregnancy"! I had ZERO, I repeat ZERO morning sickness, no back pain, no leg cramps, no headaches, no fatigue...I literally had a basketball ball belly and from behind I didn't even look pregnant and lest we forget people I'm the lady who went into her regularly scheduled doctor's appointment only to find out she was 6 CM dilated and HAD NOT FELT A THING..yes I am THAT lady you love to hate! If I heard one more person (granted not one of them has as much of a redneck accent as I put on it) say, "I can't wait till your next pregnancy...you are doomed!", I was going to scream!
I feel I have the right to brag now because...well...this pregnancy is...well "different" (insert every pain imaginable including every muscle ache, morning sickness Zofran couldn't touch, fatigue to the point Chris threatens at least twice a day to build a "food shelf" above the couch and "mini-fridge" below it, and lets throw in there poison ivy ALL over just because we can) Oh how could I forget the weight I have already gained, I gonna chalk that up to the constant snacking due to nausea and lack of exercise due to the new art form I'm currently creating called "let the couch form to your body"! Add on chasing around an 18 month old and as of today chasing around 16 1st graders and you pretty much have my current state. I know what you are thinking..poor Chris...ALL the whining he must be going through...let us NOT forget he played a huge part in this and he does in fact deserve all he has coming!
Thus explains the lack of blogging, make-up, lets be honest... showers, and might I add if it weren't for the newly located Paradise Ice BASICALLY ON MY STREET I myself am not sure where my current state of mind would be. That being said, thanks to a little thing I like to call "a medium Tiger's Blood, loose ice" I'm trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. And the answer to your questions...yes, Chris has gone NUMEROUS times at 9:00 just to ease the whine, yes, the lady knows my order and cracks up every time she sees my car pull-up (and yes I have skipped the whole "parking" thing and have chosen to go right into making it a drive-through...even though its not), and yes I have gone EIGHT times in the last 2 weeks and that number would be 9 had I not forgotten she (as in the angel lady who makes my "little slice of heaven") closes down on Wed. from 6-8 for church Don't worry, God and I already had a little talk about my immediate bitterness...but give me a break, I had walked down...in AUGUST, with Sam, and Dylan, and Danielle, AND ELLI!!!
Now that the pity party is officially over please pray that I start feeling better and for a healthy pregnancy and let me remember I am blessed to be filling every ounce of discomfort
...and maybe throw in a prayer for Chris, something around the lines of "Please be with him as he endures the endless hours of whines and frequent comments such as "you did this to me"!

3 comments:
Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you! I hope that you start feeling better!!!! My sister-in-law just found she is pregnant so I will pray for Chris as well as my brother that you both have a Happy!!! Healthy!!! pregnancy!!!!
CONGRATS CHRIS and EMILY and big brother Sam!! Very excited for your growing family!!
Emily...I am so happy for you, Chris, and Sam! You know I think with all this sickness it will be a girl!!! I am so lucky to work with you and get all the up to date details on our newest little Dowdy!!!
Post a Comment