I know, I know..where have I been, def. not blogging that's for sure! Give me a break I'm pregnant! I'm off to a good year at school. I have a funny class, that's very active and very talkative but I'll take it! Here are two funny stories from the 6 year olds:
1. We spend a good chunk of time reviewing the first couple of weeks. So we are discussing the difference between a capital "big A", and lowercase "little a" an ADORABLE little girl who could easily model with a lot of sas and a smile to back it up, stated (and I kid you not) "Big "A" is what my mom calls my dad when he eats all the food off our plates!" I'm not going to lie, I started cracking up right there in middle of the class!
2. Another, well not so little girl but equally adorable little girl, with a name you just knew was going to be trouble the second you laid eyes on it, has cracked me up all week. She is what I like to call "cultured" for a first grader and I'm pretty sure I went to school with her mom, and I'm VERY sure I was a little more than scared of her. All I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure "cheerleaders" were not at the top of her list, I will keep the reminiscing of high school days to a minimum at the first parent teacher conference. Anyways...I decided to not tell my first graders about the bun in the oven just quite yet...until one of the teachers who picks up my car riders in the afternoon announces that I have quite the little "baby bump", this little girl over hears and yells at the top of her lungs in her little bedford accent (ok..its really a redneck accent I was just trying to be polite)..."you pregnant? I knew you were!" Then approximately every 30 minutes she deems it necessary to interrupt our "learning conversations" to ask if (remember the accent)"that baby started kick'n you yet....if it has...I wanna feel it! She makes me smile at least a gazillion times a day and I love the diversity I have in my class...it makes for a very interesting, unique day! While you love the little girls that sit silently, never breaking a rule...a lot of the times its the ones who give you a true run for your money that finds a special place in your heart and....I like this girl...she has spunk...and I like her... a lot!
On to the random pregnancy side thoughts:
~Tonight I fixed hot dogs, crunchy cafeteria fries, and shells and cheese AND I had the NERVE to not only call it a meal BUT I called it....DINNER...the nerve! I realize with this meal I might have officially become by mother. If I start saying things like "I brought you into this world and I can take you out" or "I bought your birth certificate from Big Lots" please smack me. Might I add in saying that last statement I cringe at the thought of the deals I passed up from the ages of 11-18 from not being caught dead in Big Lots...shameful!
~I just tipped up a medium Tiger's Blood brought to me by the HOTY (Husband of the Year). I'm not going to lie...it was good!
~Oh, I have told you about the love affair I have with my doctor...SHE IS GREAT, she just gets me and all my mildly odd tendencies, puts up with my "questions", lets us steal the good magazines, and she knows how to joke with Chris!!!! After I had Sam she gave birth to twins (and she has a 3 year old) therefore, rightfully so, she cut back her hours to 9-12 making it impossible for her teacher patients to go to her because you KNOW we need early morning or late afternoon appointments!! I was DEVASTATED because well I told you already...I HEART HER and my heart only has room for one super cool gyno, and I could NEVER cheat on her and...GASP...go to someone else!! Well a bunch of us (teachers) got pregnant at the same time (including Nikki Sowers:)) and begged and pleaded with her AND she agreed to stay late one night a week JUST for her TEACHERS....I LOVE HER...seriously! BUT, I have to wait two more weeks for my next appointment:( then in two weeks, she will schedule ALL my AFTERNOON appointments all the way until Jan. Would it be weird to hug her tightly on my first appointment?...you're right...I'll try and refrain!
First Week of School
12 years ago

1 comment:
haha those stories about your kids are so cute!! Glad your enjoying them! Yay you get your same gyno, I'm so happy for you! :) Let me know what day your next appointment is!!
Post a Comment