Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School Weekend!

Sam is doing very well given the "circumstances" (not to be confused with re-"circumcision"). Chris still cringes a bit when we change his diaper, rightfully so! We go back to the doctor on Friday so please continue to pray as Sam continues to heal! Since Sam was feeling so well we had many fun endeavours on our "back to school weekend"! On Saturday night we meet up with Tony, Amy and Riley AND Josh, Kelly, and Jackson! It was the first time we went to dinner with ALL the babies!!! We are now officially a group of 6 adults and 3 highchairs!! We had a delicious dinner at Flatrock and then headed for milkshakes at Chick-Fil-A. (If Dr. Kagey so happens to stumble upon this blog and views the photoshow that IS NOT Sam playing in the playyard at Chick-Fil-A...that would be his cute stand in...ok maybe we let him go down a couple times...you can't keep that kid down...WAY too active, there is NO stopping it!) On Sunday we had the pleasure of meeting Amy and Greg at the lake (they were their for a wedding) for lunch! PLEASE check out how Mom and Kenny arrived...in style of course...ONLY our mom!!! Also check out the ADORABLE pics of Dylan and Danielle. Can you believe Danielle is going into KINDERGARTEN???? I'm freaking out and I'm only the aunt! And PLEASE don't worry, Aunt "Mimmie" sent her little redhead niece to school in style with an all too chic "High School Musical" lunch box. Try not to be too jealous! Then to top off our wonderful lunch, Chris, Sam and I went to the HOMEPLACE for dinner!!!! YUM!!! If you haven't been there you are missing out! Chris and I like it so much we had our rehearsal dinner there and in the words of my wonderful co-worker Kelli on her first experience of going to the "mothership" with me, "I've never seen a girl eat so much food and actually went into it with a "strategy""!! Lets just say I take my Homeplace VERY seriously!! Chris and I's strategy vary significantly. Chris likes to hit up the chicken, then both beans, potatoes, then follow up with cobbler. I say forget the meat...I go green beans, then pintos so they don't run into my potatoes with gravy, THEN at halftime while the bowls are being refilled I enjoy a biscuit with butter and apple butter, THEN I go beans, pintos, potatoes...one more time, just cause I can, THEN one more apple butter biscuit, THEN top it off with cobbler WITH ice cream. The key is to not fill up on lemonade and STARVE yourself for hours maybe even days before!
Even though we had such a great weekend....Monday had to come:(:(:( and back to school we had to go! My Classroom is almost ready and I get to meet my kiddos on Thursday at Back to School Night! And it turns out I'm not the only one who had to go back to school...little Jackson had his first day of daycare and mommy was just a little sad. Amy and I couldn't have that so we went to cheer up one sad mommy with dinner and a little walking exercise...check out the baby parade we had going on!!!

***The photoshow will not load and I'm way too tired to deal with it....go to this link to see the photoshow and some Sam cuteness

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/qb5vZ3mn

I forgot about Chris's 10 anniversary "Third South Fantasy Football...AKA...TSFF Draft" These fools have been at this since college and it is def. worthy of a separate post, as is the story behind Sam's semi-circle gash above his right eye...chalk it up to a semi-Brittany moment!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails