Monday, August 4, 2008

The long awaited beach pics!!!

A big thank you again to the Feldmann's for making beach trip '08 happen!!!

We had a great time and great weather!!! On Thursday we drove to Williamsburg to visit with Aunt Amy and Unkie Greg and to help break up the trip for Sam!!! I even talked Chris into stopping by the outlets and you won't believe this but....Chris bought AND EVEN tried on 5 articles of clothing from Bananna Republic...pure excitement for me (hopefully this means Chris's 5,ooo Patriots soccer shirts will only be worn to workouts!!) We arrived in Southern Shores on Friday, got settled in, and went grocery shopping of course!!! All week we had such a great time! We picked Cam up on Thursday and we meet Ryan and Ashleigh (Chris's college roommate...Ryan that is..not Ashleigh..that's his wife:)), and Matt (Chris's crazy friend from college). Amy and Greg even got to stay with us that weekend (and yes as always they were our main source of entertainment, this time mainly focusing on their true in real life murdering neighbor...long, long story!!!) I was glad to have Amy, Cam, and Ashleigh's help chasing around a 17 month old!!! We somehow managed to talk the guys into only golfing 3 times...we have learned to celebrate the small victories! Sam cracked us up all week! The first day on the beach he..well...screamed like a little girl...didn't like the sand, wanted to be held and HATED the water. At this point I was thinking, "This could be a very LONG week!" Luckily we headed to the pool which Sam LOVES!!!! He spent at least an hour in the pool everyday! The next day he was like a completely different child. While he never actually "warmed up" to the freezing cold ocean he LOVED the sand and would march all around hitting a ball with his golf club (mental note: Sam's golf club makes everything better) I even managed to read all of 5 chapters in my book (remember....its the small victories)! I will try to write more later...somehow Sam has managed to pull himself up on the guest bed, stand on the headboard (yes headboard), and look out the window....I mean, come on...all I'm asking for is for him to have a LITTLE fear!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails