that Mike was in town for the Office finale!
(I said, "I'm taking a picture" and Chris snuggled up with Mike and Mike said "don't post that picture on your blog"! You guys should learn to stop saying that! BUT I did have to document the Office finale!)
When the TV show the Office first started 9 years ago we were Newlyweds and had just moved back home to Roanoke! Back in the pre-kiddo days we used to have "Office Parties" every Thursday night! Mike was always there along with several other stragglers! We were faithful from the beginning! I, of course, fell in love with Jim and Pam and the guys loved the whole awkwardness of the show! It was a perfect fit for us as we could all enjoy...a lot better than the Monday night football parties we also were known for back in the day!
Our little family grew right alongside the Office! The gang got to meet Sam and Charley for the first time the Thursday after they were born! We eventually married off some of those stragglers and some moved away and I couldn't help but get a little sentimental about the closing of an era! In recent years while we still watched every episode, we haven't been as faithful as to making it part of our Thursday night ritual! Life got busy and our family got bigger! :) To be honest while we still loved the show, we missed it's "glory days"! (although Chris and I both thought this was the funniest season in years)
I loved the hour special before the final episode! And the fact that we had some of the ol gang back together, on a Thursday night, made it even sweeter! We didn't just grow up watching the Office we literally "grew up" with the Office! We went from being newlyweds to a family of 5! Thanks for the memories Office!

1 comment:
There were definite tears shed over here at the millers! Sad day. Even with the few rough seasons there, it was a great way to end a Thursday. :( good thing we finally "found" parks and rec to help fill the void :)
Post a Comment