Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Project List

So here is our 2013 Summer House Project List!  

Kitchen backsplash!  I want white subway tile!  What do you think??  Add a kitchen rug for some color and some touch up paint and the kitchen will be D.U.N. done!  :)  
 Fireplace mantel!  We just threw up our old one for the time being but we want something more rustic (think Pottery Barn).  We also desperately need some art on the walls!  Any suggestions??
 We would like to finally exchange Charley's playhouse for an actual casual dining table!  I found the one I want on Pinterest I just have to convince Chris to make it!  Along with some mudroom lockers in the entry hallway.
 Last summer when it was time to paint the dining room we couldn't decide on a color so we just painted it some leftover paprika from our old house....but....we don't like it!  (along with our furniture we are thinking of Craigslisting...is that a verb??)  So on our list of to do's is to actually pick a color we both like and re-paint and finally pick out a new chandelier!  Any paint suggestions??  Not to brag on my husband but it would literally only take him about 2 hours to repaint this room!  The trim is good to go and he "cuts out" by hand...he's pretty handy to have around!
 The stairs make the downstairs look unfinished so we want to add new treads and stain them the same color as the floor...which means we also have to...
 Finish staining the hallway and then...

 pull up the tile in the kids bathroom and lay the extra hardwood we have and stain that too!  We know wood in a kids bath is unconventional but we already have enough wood leftover so its free...free is always good...and we don't like tile!  We actually laid tile in our old kitchen and pulled it all up 2 years later because we just didn't like it...we are hardwood people!  :)   We are also planning on vamping up the rest of the bath...more to come later!
Finishing up the laundry room (hanging some bead board for an access panel and possible putting the doors back on.  I sort of like it left open.  I do laundry all the time and I like that I can get to it easy...what do you think??
 

The outside is a hot mess!  We have at least two solid weeks of outside work to do and I HATE working outside.  We have so many over grown plants and mulch work to do that we don't even know where to start!
 We plan on mulching and planting the front beds and putting shutters on the front windows.
 Here is the back....see what I'm talking about...A.HOT.MESS!  This is out the back doors.  We had to remove the deck to fix a drainage problem.  We are thinking pavers here but now Chris wants to pull that whole retaining wall down and push it back further!  Can you tell who the dreamer is in our relationship?
 The fifth bedroom downstairs is half finished right now.  Chris has replaced some of the drywall (from the drainage problem under our deck) but he still has some drywall work to finish and then paint.  We are leaving the fireplace (behind the closet doors) as is for now and we aren't touching the adjoined bathroom yet.  Chris will probably start here.
 See how cluttered our garages are while he is working in the other room?  Organizing this space is a priority!

It feels good to list our summer goals!  Who knows how many things we will actually cross off because you know how the Dowdy's like to have fun in the summer too!!  We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails