Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Toes in the sand...

just the thought of last week makes my little heart happy!  We could not have had a more perfect week.  It did not rain a single ounce...not one drop!  I could try to recap the week but words just do not do any justice for the sweet, sweet family and friend time we had!  Holden Beach you were too good to us!  

The first two days were quite chilly but that didn't stop our clan...we put on our sweatshirts and headed out to the beach anyway!  In fact it was perfectly perfect beach weather.  I keep joking with Chris that "how will we ever go back to the beach in July and you know...sweat!" Ha!



Our beautiful walk to the beach!
A little beach football!
This is all Charley needs...and little sand.  On one of our long beach walks I saw her trying to pull a seashell up.  I even told her, "Charley, you can not pick up every shell you see"! I went back to help her put the shell in her bucket and when I went to pull it up it turned out to be a buried conch shell.  Even my sweet Charley can remind me to stop and smell the roses!  (We ended up finding 2 more conch shells, several parts of sand dollars, and huge seashells...not to mention several small dead sharks!)
Ryan and Sam huddling up to call the next play...
Charley had an eerie fascination with Matt...It made me laugh!
Micah and Sam could literally play for HOURS together!  It was like watching Ed and Chris circa 1983.  They would make up games and completely entertain themselves.  At one point they created and played a 9 hole sand wedge chipping course at the beach.  Watching Sam have the time of his life with one of his best buddies was a sweet mommy moment for me!    Here are the best buds playing a little tackle football.
Charley playing with the Little's!

 Caleb and Charley running into the waves!
Tired girl...

Here we are ready for dinner!
We had low expectations for a group kid shot but Katie and I forged ahead anyway...this is what I got...I love it!
I mean really....how cute are they? I promise they posed on their own!

Waiting on the boys to get back from golfing before dinner!  Don't feel too bad for us girls...we got a WHOLE day at the outlet mall!  Before we started shopping I told Ashleigh and Katie, "I wonder if this is how the boys feel before a round of golf because I'm SO excited!"  It was pure awesomeness!
Group shot (minus Matt and Mel...and baby Max was sleeping) 
Last week was what I like to call, "just what the doctor ordered"!  A week of relaxation, not a care in the world, fun with friends, enjoying "me time", never ending laughs and the birth of several inside jokes, much needed family and dear, sweet friend time was had by all!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails