Cam's wedding was awesome...I had trouble putting into words so all you get is bullet points...ha!
Quotes/Moments from the wedding I never want to forget:
-Watching Cam's veil being put in! She looked beautiful.
-Charley realizing Chris was filming in the balcony of the church as Cam is walking down the aisle: "DADDDDDYYYYYYY" (as she is fantically waving)
-Sam: "Why does Cam and Wayne get to do everything"
-Charley in reference to the Hokie Bird: "Where dat chicken at?"
-Meeting Wayne's friends and hearing funny stories about them! (FULL MOON....you can't hide Kenny, you just can't hide!)
-Sam in the bathroom at the reception: "Mom I got to hurry, I don't want to miss a song." Homeboy can DANCE!
-Chris and Charley dancing the father/daughter dance. (after I was losing it just watching Cam and Larry I broke into the full blown ugly cry)
-Charley pulling into the playgroud adjacent to the War Memorial on Sunday, (audible gasp as she sees the reception site) "CAM'S WEDDING....I go put my dress on and dance"! Homegirl can DANCE!
-Charley putting on her white shoes for chuch: "I wear my wedding shoes?? I put my dress on and dance" (Every time she is asked about the wedding she responds the exact same way, "I put my dress on and dance". It's a shame she didn't have any fun at the reception.
-Chris and I laying in bed after the reception and talking for at least an hour about our own wedding.
-Cam telling Wayne on Sunday she's running extra cupcakes to us, she'll be back in 5 minutes...........and 2 hours later.......we had a lot of debriefing to do!
-During the classic "make a big circle and one person at a time go into the circle to dance" move at the reception my.sweet.shy.sam. went by himself and did his "robot".....then came back out of the circle got a running start and knee slid into the middle! I have NEVER been more proud!
-Sam to Sarah Janney when she says how much she loves his shoes, "mom, that is like the 100th person to tell me that...why do they keep talking about my shoes"! Luckily it was Sarah Janney and she just laughed! HA!
-Seeing Parker wear the outfit Sam wore to Amy and Greg's wedding....made my heart happy!
-Not passing out during my speech. (or breaking into the ugly cry for that matter)
-Charley 5 seconds before being announced at the reception....."I got to pee, I got to pee"!
-Watching Sam dance with Charley, Landry, and Emery....He's a ladies man, what can I say!
We had THE.TIME.OF.OUR.LIVES!!!!! Cam and Wayne planned a thoughtful, beautiful, absolutely perfect day and we could not have been more honored to be a part of it! We love you guys!
I was slightly preoccupied during the whole wedding so these are the only shots I got but head over to the Collins to see Sam's MOST AWESOME shoes! (Totally Cam's idea, she even found them super cheap on ebay!)
Rehearsal...how cute do the kids look...
Wedding morning! Chris took them to the Dogwood to eat. Charley is still in the same dress as the night before and Sam is rocking his total red...it makes me laugh! I'm just thankful for a husband who can take charge while I "get all did up"!
Doesn't Cam look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Where's Sam???? (who gave the ring bearer binoculars???)
(FTR: Charley did not make it though the whole ceremony...that is another blog post in itself...she walked down the aisle and back down at the end....I made no promises for what would happen in between...but Cam and Wayne...they still love us anyway!)
First Week of School
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment