Sunday, May 22, 2011

This is why I will never be the fun parent...


 Only Chris would think to bring in the slide (when the Dowdy's were getting rid of their play set we kept the slide for when we ever move and Chris builds a swing set!) from the garage and put it on the sofa (that was flipped down for the soccer goal!) I mean seriously...I CAN NOT compete with that!  They think he is the coolest and so do I!


It soon moved to the stairs where it stayed for a week!  They LOVED it!  They could just walk up the left side of the stairs and slide on down!  They have played with this "free toy" for HOURS!  (FTR: do not try this at home...no child was hurt in the making of this post...that we are aware of anyway!!)

That is when they are not running soccer drills...  



I've told you right that Sam has an imaginary soccer team.  He pretends that they have practices and games!  He has named some of the players!  He will tell me "Mom, I have to go change into my jersey because I  have a game tonight" and he comes back downstairs with a shirt on that has a number!  It cracks us up!  One time when we were in the car and it started raining he asked me if he could borrow the phone so he could call the boys on his team to tell them that practice was cancelled...I.KID.YOU.NOT!   Most kids have an imaginary friend at this age...only my Sam would have a whole soccer team!  It's funny how when Sam was Charley's age he could dribble the link of the soccer field and Charley could care less about soccer.  She will kick every once in while with Daddy but she is not near as "in" to it as Sam was!  I can't wait to see how their personalities change as they grow older!  She does however steal Sam's match box cars...


FTR this is my 500 post!  Can you believe that???  I find blogging very therapeutic and I love that Sam and Charley have an "online journal" to look back upon! Thanks for putting up with my ramblings for so long...anyone been here since the beginning???  Feel free to collect your prize of one free hug next time I see you!  Here's to 500 more!     

1 comment:

Wolford Family said...

The slide cracked me up. I love it! What a cool daddy!! Their mommy is pretty cool too! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails