Thursday, February 24, 2011

My kids...I kinda LOVE them!

Sam has had "color" days at school where each Thursday they have to wear a certain color! Well last Wed. night as Chris was taking Sam to bed I reminded Chris to lay out Sam's "green" shirt for green day at preschool.  In his sweet voice he said, "oh mom, I already picked my green clothes out...there on my dresser"!  And this what we found: green pants, green and blue shirt, and yet a different shade of green and yellow jacket!  Oh he wore green to green day all right!!  I still can't believe that without even one reminder about it being green day the next day, he took it upon himself after he changed into his PJ's to set out his clothes!  I could eat that kid up!!  

 Speaking of a clothes debacle...I always shop at the end of the season for next year!  (I've had the kids summer wardrobe done for forever!)  Last year I bought cute 24 months pink skinny jeans for sissy (from the Baby Gap for 5 dollars might I add)  Last week I remembered she hadn't worn them yet so I created the perfect cute outfit that was even going to include her super cute green 3/4 sleeve jacket!  I took the tags off and started to put them on Charley and I didn't even make it to her knees before I knew those cute BRAND NEW skinny jeans were NOT going to fit!!  I started DYING laughing because "the skinny" is just not Charley's "go to" jean of choice...her heart says yes but her thighs....oh her thighs...they DEFINITELY say no!   I sat her on her rocker so I could go get my camera and by the time I made it back up the stairs she had some how wiggled off and scooted (we're talking baby steps) to the stairs where she was then stranded because there was no way her and the skinny were making it down the steps without a huge crash!
 Bless her heart!  Emery, it looks like these are coming your way because if anyone can pull off the skinny it's you girl!
 Don't worry we pulled off a cute outfit (thanks to my 1 dollar leggings from target, 2 dollar jean dress from Walmart, and a cute green baby gap jacket from a used kids sale!)
 Look how big she looks with her backpack!!  Can I get a Hallelujah that we are down to the small "diaper bag"!  I have always carried a big one but I love carrying Charley's little back pack (thank you Jones Family!), plus the kids love to "wear it" so it's one less thing for me to carry!

3 comments:

April and Brad said...

Emery will love to rock those skinny jeans...almost as much as Charley loves Emery :)

Katie said...

haha! maddie is in the same boat. she has what we call "powerful legs"! she has skinny jeans that she cannot wear because she cannot bend her legs or sit up in them! it is the only article of clothing that maddie would fit into age wise but is actually too small!

Keeping up with the Jones said...

LOVE the backpack :) haha and the skinny jeans!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails