soccer season starts Monday!
Dear 2011 Soccer Season,
I am SO ready for you! I have the kids PH gear ready to be worn and an ample amount of frozen corn dog nuggets in the freezer! BRING.IT.ON!!!! I am not going to let you get the best of me! I may have to bathe kids and put them to bed by myself until June but I.CAN.DO.THIS! I may have to move the time of the kids birthday party because of a scrimmage conflict but I.AM.STAYING.FLEXIBLE!!!! I will NOT cry in desperation when Charley is 2 hours past her bedtime and she is screaming her head off on the way home from a game (I'm just preparing myself people...it's bound to happen at some point in the season!) When I'm having a bad week I will call on my "soccer wives club" to meet me for dinner to tell me I will survive this week! I will L.O.V.E. and long for every second of our "No Soccer Sundays" (it's a rule here at the Dowdy house!) I will stay patient as I parent on my own and appreciate the time when daddy comes homes to "save the day"! Soccer season I'm ready to kick your butt...I'm not scared, or worried, or anxious...not one bit (ok..maybe a little...will you pray for me today?) I'm looking forward to watching teenage boys believe in something bigger than themselves. To see them grow in character and become believers in teamwork and work ethic! To set goals and put in the effort and hard work to accomplish them! To hear about all the inside jokes and "team bonding" experiences! To watch my husband live out his passion and most certainly his calling in life! I can't wait to watch them win the State Championship! :) Soccer season 2011, IT.IS.ON...bring your A game...because me and the corn dog nuggets are ready and waiting!
Love,
The wife of the best soccer coach in the whole wide world
Go Patriots! :)
First Week of School
11 years ago

2 comments:
Great attitude, Em! I'll be thinking about you! Call on me ANYTIME for a get together!!
I am SO ready too! Excited for a new season! Let me know when you are ready for a chuck e cheese night! :) You know I am in! Here's to a successful 2011 season!!!!
Post a Comment