Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm going to party like its....errr...2000!!!

This weekend Chris and I will be attending my 10 year high school reunion!  SERIOUSLY?  Where did those 10 years go? HOW.IN.THE.WORLD. am I this old????  For some reason I still can't seem to wrap my head around, 10 years ago my classmates thought I should be the class treasurer...really WB class of 2000...You wanted Emily to handle the money...bless their hearts!!  We have been busy planning and I have to say that as the checks came rolling I have gotten excited about seeing everyone!!

As you start to think about an upcoming reunion your mind starts to "go there"...you know what I mean!  You start to worry about everything and automatically you start to revert back to your awkward, self conscience 17 year old self.  Will my dress look modern enough?  How will my hair look?  Will my high-maintenance 20 month old throw a tantrum in front of everyone, which means of course they will think I'm a horrible mother.  It all started when I tried on my reunion dress and realized that while shopping for a dress in late summer the last thing apparently on my mind was how "Casper white" I would look mid-November!  So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that my champagne color top will IN FACT wash me out and make me look deathly sick.   Around the 10th time I asked Chris if I should or should not go to the tanning bed he snapped me back into reality...."Emily, you haven't been to the tanning bed since our wedding.  Why are going to go, get a tan, and PRETEND like you have time and money to go tanning (and here is the kicker)  when that is not who you are now"!  I'll try to keep my Bryan Adams references to a minimum but come on people, that, "cut like a knife".  So in honor of "keeping it real" here is a preface to all my class of 2000 classmates:

Dear WB class of 2000,

~If my hair doesn't look like its been colored in over a year its actually because, well, it hasn't been colored in over a year!  I'm a mom of two and to be quite frank, they don't care what color my hair is!

~I am in fact wearing open toed shoes in mid-November and yes they are, as a matter of fact, 5 years old. :) Getting new heels was on my to do list but it just didn't get checked off.  Plus I teach first grade, heels rank right up there with tap shoes on my list of "shoe necessities"!

~I don't have time to think about accessories for my outfit...that is unless you count the poison ivy that just broke out on my forearm.  It should go quite nicely with my ancient shoes and my "all the wrong color for Nov." dress.

~Unless you want to talk Sesame Street or Super Why you may not want to bring up "current pop culture" when we run out of things to talk about!  If I'm really lucky I'll get to flip through the pictures of the "People" magazine but other than that I'm pretty much clueless!

~My 20 month old will lost likely throw a fit in front of everyone at the family brunch, it is well, just who she is!  We love her and all her stubbornness and one day when she's telling off a boy that has been mean to her and did not treat her like a princess (as her Daddy taught her to be treated) I'm going to think about that time when she embarrassed me at my 10 year reunion and laugh and smile because YES IN FACT I have strong-willed daughter and it makes me SO, SO proud!!!  (a little bit of her momma is never a bad thing:) )

~Yes my husband shaved his head 4 days before the reunion.  No he usually doesn't wear his hair that short.  He has a habit of doing this.  Like the time he shaved his head a WEEK before my mom's wedding, and the time he shaved his head 2 days before our family pictures, and the time he buzzed Sam's hair THE NIGHT BEFORE his 2 year old pics....it's just who he is...and I love the fact that he just doesn't care (I need to be more like him) :)


Oh how I kid!  But in all seriousness I'm REALLY excited about seeing everyone!  And I'm super excited I don't have to pretend I have time for the tanning bed...I'm glad I'm married to a guy who can tell me like it is and help me keep things into perspective!  Here's to the class of 2000!

1 comment:

JJ said...

LOL! Emily, I love this post:) If it makes you feel any better...I didn't tan either, my dress is borrowed and although my shoes are new...I will chalk it up to the fact that I think I have a problem...I buy a lot of shoes:) Oh and I went totally au naturale on my hair after Marissa was born...too much time and money to continue to be the blonde that I obviously am not. and lastly, we can stick allie and charley in the corner and they can pitch their fits together...b/c more than likely, allie will be right there with her:) super excited to see you and Chris (shaved head and all!) i'm sure you will look great no matter what!

Related Posts with Thumbnails