Last Halloween Sam asked us if he could be a football player next Halloween. Chris responded with, "I don't know if mommy will go for that!" That led to a discussion of how I always got to pick the costumes and how next year Chris was going to "make" the costumes. Then we all joked about how, "yes" Sam could be football player and that Charley could be the referee!! Well the jokes on me because little did I know that Chris would hold me to it! I agreed only if Charley's referee outfit included huge bows and a tutu AND Chris had to teach her referee signals!! I am proud to report that Charley, who I guarantee was the only 19 month old little girl referee, knows the sign for touchdown, holding, and incomplete pass!! It makes us laugh a lot!! For the past couple of months, every night at dinner, Chris would teach Charley her "signs"! We all laughed a lot!! And I am so glad that I gave up control and my picture perfect idea of how I wanted things and just let the kids be kids....and my husband be my husband (because he is REALLY good at it!)
Cutest little football player I know!!!
What's the call Charley?? The only thing we had to buy for her costume was the tulle and ribbon for her tutu!! Everything else she had! She wore Sam's old cleats (once again...what 3 year old is already on their 2nd pair of cleats??...yes for sure, he is a Dowdy!) and we already had the penalty flags thanks for Mayme...and Daddy just happens to be the best coach in the world so he had a spare whistle we could use! I made her shirt using an old white shirt and some electrical tape...(you can call me ghetto...I did)!
Action shots:
Tackling daddy...
Without the tutu she looks pretty legit...but come on people...she had to wear the tutu!:):)
I love these kids!
Touchdown!!!!!!!!!
Charley was NOT AFRAID to throw a flag...unsportsmanlike conduct Charley??
Chris and I went as Redskins fans to support our football player! Sam's pants are actually some of Charley's old play pants that Bonnie sewed ribbon and elastic in!! Chris asked PH's football coach if he could use some of the teams black stickers for under his eyes...he is a very legit football player!!
And in honor of tradition....the candy draft at the end of the night!!!
We had a blast! Charley was not afraid to go up to any door and most times she continued to knock the whole time they were coming to the door. We tried to explain that you only had to knock once but she didn't buy it...she wanted her some candy! She also wouldn't wait for them to hand her candy, as soon as they bent down to see her she would grab handfuls of candy out of the bucket!! Oh MY!! Sam, while shy at first got the hang of trick-or-treating quickly and had a BLAST!! Both of them got an extra special prize from Dam's mom (Cam's mom Winkie)...I thought it was so sweet for her to think of the kids! Sam got some hot wheels (his fav) and sissy got a TY beanie baby and both of them got some animal crackers! I love the fact that the whole neighborhood loves up on our babies!!! We had a great Halloween!!! Hope you did too!!!





















No comments:
Post a Comment