Tuesday, November 23, 2010

10 year reunion!

I'll be the first to admit...I was a little skeptical about going to the reunion!   I'll also be the first to admit that at the end of the night I had a really great time!  I was SO glad that I went and it was so nice to see everyone!  

Here is Cam and I before the event!  Have I mentioned how Cam was my date because Chris was still at the golf tournament! :) 

 The whole gang!  Yes that is me in the front assuming the "cheerleader" pose...you just can't take the cheerleader out of the girl no matter how many years have past!!
 The reunion committee!!
Jess, Jenn, JJ and I!!  I tried to play cool around JJ but the truth be (after months of stalking her beautiful family on her blog and realizing our little families are a lot alike) I would like to pick her whole family up, move them across the street, let our children grow up together, let our husbands play golf together and for us to be BFF's!!   It's just a little dream I have!!  In all seriousness that was the part of the reunion I loved, being able to catch up with so many people that I have literally not seen for 10 whole years!  Finding out what they are doing now and reminiscing about the "good ol days"!      
 I had to bring Chris's clothes with me because he was running late from the course so he had to change his shoes right there in the middle of the reunion!
 Cleans up pretty good doesn't he...shaved head and all??

 I have lots of fun memories with these guys!!  All through school they let me be "one of the guys"!   Both of them are in ministry now and I am so proud of all the great things they are doing!  So proud in fact I decided I should finally forgive them for the time, at a youth retreat, that they put sardines in the vents of my car.  My car smelled so bad!  It's probably best I'm finally able to put this behind me!:)

Happy 10 year reunion class of 2000!  Here's to the next 10 years!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Sooo...I'm way late on commenting here:( But I agree completely, I had such a wonderful time and it was so great to see you and meet your beautiful children and to see Chris again! Thank you so much for your kind words..I think we would def be great neighbors...maybe one of these days, a job will open up in VA for Russell and we will just move on up there:) Until then...I love staying up with you and your family in blog-land! Thanks to you and the whole committee for a wonderful night! And hey...if y'all are ever in the mood for a little road trip...we have PLENTY of room for y'all and Chris could play all the free golf he could ever dream of:) And we could hang out, the kids could play-it would be great!! Seriously...think about it! (maybe in the summer??)

Related Posts with Thumbnails