Have I already told you about how I think my husband is THE.BEST.COACH. in the whole entire world. It is not just soccer going on over here people. :):) Chris takes high school boys and makes them actually care about something...do you know how hard that is to do?? After college I struggled with "finding my place" in ministry. Most of our friends were involved in a full-time ministry of some sort, and while I was super pumped for what God was doing in their life and through their ministry, I did experience a little bit of a "what's my role" crisis as I started my career.
Then it hit me...PH is our ministry..our mission field...our youth group... it is our way to serve. And while Chris doesn't whip out his bible and preach he is spreading the word. I am proud to serve beside Chris and I personally think he is doing an AMAZING job helping these teenage boys become men! Men who learn to love passionately (even if it soccer), work together, stand up to what is wrong, help those in need, care about things other than themselves, make good decisions, have fun (the right way) RESPECT...respect their parents, respect authority, respect women...respect themselves!! I'm all teary-eyed just thinking about the men who have come through the program and the amount of growth I had the privilege to witness first hand!
Back to my original point! Over spring break Chris took his team on their annual trip to the Rescue Mission to serve. They have served food before but this time the person in charge wanted their help moving their old clinic to their amazing new clinic! They took down cabinets and moved TONS of things! Because it was spring break the whole team was not able to make it but did you check out one cute 3 year old who was able to help out??
Sam was given the job of moving all the videos to the blue bin and I am happy to report he filled the whole bin ALL.BY.HIMSELF!!!





1 comment:
how do I get one of those shirts?!! Is that a Calvin Coolidge quote?
Post a Comment