On Saturday the boys got to hang out together for some "male bonding" (I quickly found out that "male bonding" does not include cleaning the house even if the next day IS Mother's Day), while I went to play a little "Project Nursery" at the Jones'.
Flashback to last week as the Jones' and the Dowdy's ate a delicious meal at Olive Garden, the conversation went a little like this:
Emily: Are you guys going to paint the nursery?
Kelly: Well....Josh doesn't think we need to, but I really want to.
Emily: Call me...A nursery can NOT be white!!!!!
So Josh left for practice on Saturday morning with the nursery a bright white and thought he would come back to the nursery a pretty tan....however.....it looked more like this:

it's kinda sort of tan...ok not really at all...but why paint a nursery a "shade" darker than it already is??? That was our thought process as we picked out the paint color! It looks awesome, goes perfectly with the most adorable sports bedding, and I can't wait to see little Jackson enjoying his new, color-filled nursery! Kelly and I had a blast and we are thinking about opening up our own business....thanks for being a good sport Josh...by the way...how is that crib assembly coming along????
Here is mom and I on Mothers Day! Apparently Chris doesn't love me enough to fix my hair after coming in from the down pour! Thanks hun!!!!!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!! (Mom I tried to find the letter I wrote to Oprah right before we got married but I couldn't find it anywhere...so stay tuned for a belated Mother's Day blog!!!!)

3 comments:
Our color tan is just fabulous! I'm still so excited about Jackson's room! Surprising enough, our dresser is together but we still have not opened the box that contains probably a billion pieces for the crib. Who knows when that will get done! I really do think Josh likes the color, especially now that everyone who has seen it has liked it! :) Thank you so much again for helping Saturday. Only 6 weeks to go and it's nice to feel like I'm getting something actually accomplished before it's too late! Thanks Em!!!!
On this episode of "While You Were Out" Emily and Kelly shock Josh with a shade of green that will make everyone envious!
Nice work ladies...it looks great!
p.s. Emily, Those are soooo my grey yoga pants...that I have been looking everywhere for!!!
Post a Comment