Saturday, May 3, 2008

Who am I to take away his fun?

So those of you that know Sam know how much he loves any type of ball...soccer balls, basket balls, balls that make noise when you throw them, basically anything round. Those of you that have been over to the house know that Sam has TONS of other toys that well...aren't balls! In an attempt to get him to show interest in something other than a ball I decided last week to hide everything that resembled anything that could be turned into a ball...obviously Chris was not at home as he would have been opposed to this "little experiment". The outcome...he literally moped around the house frantically looking under every piece of furniture he could find. He would run over to the couch, go belly to the ground, and put his face as far under as he could. When he would resurface without his prized soccer ball he would give me this look like, "Mom, seriously, what's going on here!" I thought for sure he would just look once and then move on to a new toy...I don't know, maybe one of the thousands of "education" toys we own. However, the miraculous thing was, he kept circling the house, looking at all his usual hiding spots over, and over, and over, until after 30 minutes of putting my son though agonizing soccer ball withdrawal, I, the parent, could NOT take him suffering any longer. I called out, "Sam, do you want your ball?"...he looked at me right away, I went over, got his favorite soccer ball out of "the stash" and set it on the ground. You should have seen that child's face GLOW with happiness...he ran over SO fast that he stumbled over his feet, landed face first on his ball, rolled over and giggled all over himself with pure joy. My philosophy from now on....A soccer scholarship it is....roll out the balls!!!!

Here are a couple new pictures:
Yes he goes all the way under the bed and yes I watched him do this (I had to see how far he would go...this was not on the ball strike day)
Sam going head first into the laundry basket...he frequently throws his balls in there!

I like to call this...."The Dueling laptops!"

2 comments:

Wenn said...

Sam is so cute!!!!!

PS, I love the BLOG!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sweet.. now I know excatly what to get now... no more agonizing over presents.. round, rubber, bouncy.. got it..from one teacher to another who needs educational toys.. ha ha..

love,
big sis

Related Posts with Thumbnails