Last night Chris and I did our yearly tradition and went to "visit" the guys at prom! We have found out this is the best way to "check in" and see if they are all "making the right choices" because we go and get them all together for a soccer pic but don't have to stay and clean up like all the other "
chaperones"....we are in for 10 minutes and leave!!! We do in fact realize we are bad! I love prom week...Chris uses a more of a week long chat to "make his views known", not just a one time hit and hope. This year my
curiosity got the best of me and I asked one of the seniors, "What does "THE PROM" talk consist of?"...his response..."To sum it all up...your guilty by association, treat your date with respect, and we are men not boys"!!! I'm sure Chris couldn't have said it better himself..man would I love to be a fly on that wall!! Don't get me wrong...Chris 100% trusts his guys, but it doesn't hurt to make it known that you never know when coach will "drop in", plus the guys love it when he shows up....they basically tackle him and I'm sure if they could they would rather dance with Chris then their own dates and the sad thing is....
that's the honest truth! (it doesn't hurt that I get to wear a dress and have a date night)
On to bigger news.....The PH soccer team is THE WESTERN VALLY DISTRICT CHAMPIONS!!!!! We won our last game 7-0 to clinch (I love how I say "We"....I would like to think I have a little bit to do with it, I am the one that listens to soccer 24-7, puts Sam to bed by myself a majority of the late nights, and I'm the one they plead with to have a Saturday practice...
thats right I said "to have"....they actually want to practice even when I declare a no -soccer weekend! The guys DRENCHED Chris...usually they miss him and get more wet than Chris...not this time...they got him good!! Like the good soccer mom I have become I made the boys get a picture at the end of the game...Don't tell Chris I'm posting a pic (Its small and you can't even see faces!!!)

(The prom picture is ADORABLE but Chris already said I couldn't post it:(...The guys looked so handsome!)
Random thought for the day.....How in the WORLD are prom dresses more expensive....there is obviously less fabric involved in making them!!! Chris said he saw maybe 2 dresses he would actually let our daugther wear....I can't wait till he has a girl...this could get interesting!!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment