Thursday, September 27, 2012

We have the coolest kids...

We are aware that all parents think this, but really...we have the coolest kids!  They have such unique and different but awesome personalities.  As our days as a family of four are winding down and a new chapter begins with baby Max I find, at times, myself grieving the "loss" of our old normal.  Does that make sense?? We are all so excited about the new baby but I find myself having anxiety about our new family dynamic!  I don't want our sweet Sam and Charley to have their worlds rocked...but like it or not...adding a baby will more than likely to an extent rock their "perfect to them" little worlds!  This is where Chris reminds me that this always happens when I'm about to experience any change in life and that I had the EXACT.SAME.FEAR. when I was pregnant with Charley about my sweet little 2 year old Sam!  
There will be an adjustment period where we are all figuring out our new roles.   But I know in my heart that this sweet little baby will bring our family such joy!  That we will have even more love and laughs...and yes probably more tears...and DEFINITELY MORE NOISE.  Our family will eventually adjust and that our "new normal" will be even sweeter then we ever thought it could be!  And one day we won't even be able to picture our story any other way!  Baby Max we are praying for you!  For a healthy delivery and an "easy-going, go with the flow, personality" (if you even knew the crazy family you are about to be born into...I hope you come prepared with some ear plugs and a hockey goalie mask for the balls that are surely going to bounce off your head)   We are also praying for Sam and Charley.  For understanding and an easy transition period.  And def. for momma...for patience, for not "hurrying" the time of change but to instead embrace it and simply "enjoy the ride"!   


The coolest kids in the world also happen to be the cutest kids in the world...we're pretty lucky!  :)






















Related Posts with Thumbnails