...Well since you asked...why the safari park of course!! Last week was field trip week and quite frankly field trip week just plain WEARS.ME.OUT!!!! Here are some sights from our wagon ride! I always joke that once you get the kids on the wagon you're on the home stretch because no one can wonder off!!!
What's been happening in first grade? We have been learning about the difference in past and present. We made "past" buildings out of wood (popsickle sticks) and then I had them make "present day buildings" for our class community! They love doing projects at home...I'm not sure Moms and Dads love them as much! Here is a hospital, ice cream shop, and school!
We read "The Little Scarecrow Boy", sang this fun scarecrow song (I also had them "track" the song for concept of word practice), made scarecrows and had a fun scarecrow writing prompt! They love doing the motions to this song!!
Our "final copy" writing prompts!!
Happy fall from first grade!!





1 comment:
COW and tracking...music to a Reading Specialist's ears! LOL. I'm loving your school posts, Mrs. Dowdy!! I may share some of it with my first grade teachers!
Post a Comment